Personal View site logo
GH2 High Quality GOP3 Settings, Series 2: 'AN' Valkyrie, GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, Duke, natural :-)
  • 670 Replies sorted by
  • @coors

Many thanks for your feedback! :-)

It is a very interesting talk. Although I do not have GF2, since it may be able to be given by the family in several months, then, the setting in GF2 may also be considered.

• @dado023

when i tried to record on FSH after a minute camera froze, i had to pull out the battery to start up again.

Is this a result in your old class 10 card? Although I think that freezing is avoidable in the recommended card...

• i am using TRANSCEND 64GB SDXC class10, with default on HD_Speed SteelBytes i get these results:
    READ: 163.8 Mbps
    WRITE: 126.9 Mbps
    Errors: 0

I think that should be enough for it, right?

• @dado023

I think that should be enough for it, right?

Since I am not detailed about the logic of the card, I am not sure. However, It seems that only the 95MB/s SDXC is special and the 45MB/s SDXC of speed is insufficient also in the same SanDisk.

Since I cannot take into consideration variation in the speed by a card, I only have adjusting according to the card of the maximum high speed. After TZ3 is completed, I may make the variation which can also use a little slow card. However, with the extreme matrix of Valkyrie series, it is very difficult work for me.

• @bkmcwd I have tested your new amazing setting, "Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3_BETA". the 24P is very beautiful..Thank you for your hard work.

• @ishhy

Thanks for trying TZ3 and your beautiful footage! :-)

I have been to Cairns a long time ago.

• @ TZ3 users in NTSC Lands :-)

Since there is few problems in 60p, I am working on 60p now. I would like to release BETA2 within several days.

• @bkmcwd

Hi Mate!

to me Valkyrie 444 TZ3 Beta looks damn good in preliminary tests in both 24p and HBR/25p. It also survived my torture tests (on SanDisk 95MB/S SDXC 64GB and SanDisk 95MB/s SDHC 32GB cards) and even spanned in HBR/25p mode shooting a highly detailed scene (95MB/S SDXC 64GB card). Looking forward to do more tests ...

Many thanks for this new version of Valkyrie!!

I hope you are well!

Best Regards

• @towi

Hi mate! :-)

Many thanks for your feedback!

And thank you for worrying about me.

My condition became a little good.

• @bkmcwd

Hi mate!

My feeling is Valkyrie TZ3 is pretty similar to Spizz Trial 4 (at least in HBR/25p mode). Comparing the 2 settings I'd favour Spizz, though. I think in HBR/25p mode Spizz shows cleaner dark tonal values when shooting a high dynamic scene containing high frequency details (= "landscape")… noise in dark tonal values looks somewhat coarser with Valkyrie TZ3. With Spizz dark tonal values are also slightly desaturated which helps to reduce color noise. Other than that I think the two settings are really close… Maybe you can achieve cleaner dark tonal values for HBR modes in TZ3 so that we could use Valkyrie 444 TZ2 for (smoother) close shots and Valkyrie TZ3 for (sharper) mid and wide shots while still maintaining basically the same look?

Best Regards.

PS: good to hear that you are getting better!

• @towi

Many thanks for detailed feedback mate! :-)

Maybe you can achieve cleaner dark tonal values for HBR modes in TZ3 so that we could use Valkyrie 444 TZ2 for (smoother) close shots and Valkyrie TZ3 for (sharper) mid and wide shots while still maintaining basically the same look?

If the matrix of Spizz is adopted as it is, it will be realized immediately for you. If your liking is just like that, I think that it is satisfactory for you.

The matrix of Spizz and TZ3 is considerably different as you also know. Although information is considerably deleted in the matrix of Spizz, I am pleased also with the concept of the Nick.

However, I think that my Valkyries should be "the series based on the original matrix of Chris" to the last. Therefore, I am adjusting so that it may leave the feature of the prototype of the matrix of Chris as much as possible.

Anyway, since the matrix of Spizz resembles CS matrix a little rather than 444, the matrix near Spizz is not rather adopted in the "444" name.

Of course, since I am going to tweak Spizz someday, please expect.

Thanks again mate.

• I am working on 60p of TZ3 now. I think that the following version is releasable immediately. :-)

Also in TZ3_BETA, if 'i dynamic range control' is turned OFF, in 60p, it is satisfactory. When you use iA, be careful in 60p too.

• @bkmcwd I read the GOLGOP3-13 writeup and saw that it is the continuation of your earlier Sedna settings, so I've moved on to GOLGOP3-13_Max2_Beta6 and GOP3Zilla-3. This evening I also tested Spizz-T5 against GOP3Zilla-3, panning through the treetops in my backyard, and I did prefer the GOP3Zilla-3 file, for that particular test. Also, I downloaded your Valkyrie-444_TypeZero3_Beta-720_60p M2T file and it looks really fantastic! Thank you for offering GF2 solutions, but I believe that emphasis and focus should remain on GH-series as the GF-series are seriously handicapped, i.e. no 24p, no HBR, no manual controls, etc. Your work for the GH-series cameras works just dandy, as is, on my GF2. Thank you, again, for all of your very good work!

• @coors

Although I am not detailed about GF2, probably, there are more restrictions than GH2.

The result that GOP3ZILLA is suitable for GF2 in such a premise is rational.

Since I have not obtained GF2 yet, I do not know whether Valkyries does good work in GF2, but I would like to adjust many things someday.

• These are Samples in 60p with TZ3 BETA2 which I release next. :-)

Valkyrie_444_TZ3_BETA2_60p_ISO160_forest_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 634 - 562K
    Valkyrie_444_TZ3_BETA2_60p_ISO160_flower_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 633 - 534K
  • UPDATE(2013/06/02)Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3 is upgraded to official "Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3 1.01" setting.http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/128374#Comment_128374

UPDATE(2013/05/30)This BETA2 of Valkyrie TYPE-ZERO3 is upgraded as official "Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3" setting.

NEW for NTSC!

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3_BETA2 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Modified 444 Matrix' - setc.ini - Released 24/04/2013

This TYPE-ZERO3 is the version as which "balance of gradation and resolving" was considered in all the modes.
    However, There is no change about 24p from TYPE-ZERO2. Because, there is no need to change.

*In this BETA2, only 60p was changed from previous BETA.

I think that the freezing issue at the moment of the focusing and zooming was solved nearly perfectly also in Panny lens use.

Please try it! And I am very glad if I can get feedbacks from you.

*If this is also still unstable, I will further adjust.

Special thanks to @har_k and All silent users of my settings! :-)

Of course, many thanks to @cbrandin and KING @driftwood!

• Superb-looking Pure Original 444 matrix from cbrandin is adopted in 24p mode

• Modified 444 matrix from my BETA Team in Japan is adopted in HBR/1080i and 720p modes

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p24 at Q18

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p30 at Q18 in 24L mode with 80% Slow-Motion Mode (No Sound)

• Upto 75M for Top Quality HBR/FSH modes

• Upto 75M for Top Quality 720/50p modes

• Upto 65M for Top Quality 720/60p modes

• Extremely reliable top performance in AVCHD 24H and 24L

• 80% Slow-Motion is available in 24L only

• Fully working iA and iDynamic modes if you require them (Take care only in 720/60p)

• Beautiful 3 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in all the modes

• Bush of Death / Death chart tested.

• Wonderful Pasadena Pulse Audio Patch V2 B2, by Per Lichtman

• Top quality 2K mjpeg Mode in HD by Nick Driftwood

• In camera playback is sometimes not available in 24p. In other mode, Sometimes available after reboot the camera.

*Supposing you use "SH" mode safely in 60p, please turn OFF iA and i dynamic control. In 50p, it is satisfactory at all.

*I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card.

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3_BETA2 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Modified 444 Matrix'.zip
  • @bkmcwd All of the NLEs that I use, in Linux, see the GF2's 720p_60 files as 29.97fpsNTSC. I was wrong in that I wrote that Streamparser is showing that 60Mbps, in 720p_60 with GOLGOP3-13_Sedna-AQ1c_Beta1, as there is a clock error and the values shown have to be halved, i.e. 30fps:

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy20/owencoors/00000_Framesb_zps05926da5.png

Valkyrie-444_Zero-3_Beta1 gave the highest bitrate in my testing, yesterday, and it was 18Mbps. Flowmotion v2.02 gave 14Mbps, Drewnet-GH3 gave 8Mbps, GOP3ZILLA-3 gave 13Mbps, Moon-3 gave 12Mbps, Natural_Std gave 14.9Mbps, Spizz-T5 gave 17.1Mbps, GOLGOP3-13_Max2_Beta6 gave 11Mbps andCake-v2.3c gave 12Mbps. Today is raining but I continue testing and GOLGOP3-13_Sedna-AQ1c_v2.1_Beta4 is giving 24.9Mbps and Valkyrie-444_Zero3_Beta2 is giving 20.9Mbps. I know that there is much more than bitrate to consider, but I find this testing interesting for myself.

• @coors

Thanks for test footage! :-)

BTW, since I am not detailed about GF2, I have a question. Which mode in GH2 is applied to this? There is not 720p of 3GOP in the setting.

Unique knowledge is required to also see StreamParser.

• UPDATE(2013/06/02)Valkyrie 444 Lite is upgraded to official "Valkyrie 444 Lite 1.01" setting.http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/128374#Comment_128374

UPDATE(2013/05/30):Valkyrie 444 Lite BETA is upgraded as official "Valkyrie 444 Lite" setting.

NEW!

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 Lite_BETA 'Apocalypse Now' with 'Modified 444 Matrix' - setd.ini - Released 25/04/2013

This Lite is the version detuned to the Max bitrate 110M in 24p of 444 TZ3. The purpose is because dropping the bit rate a little economically and the playback in a camera are enabled.
    All the modes other than 24p are the same as TZ3_BETA2.

I think that the freezing issue at the moment of the focusing and zooming was solved nearly perfectly also in Panny lens use.

Please try it! And I am very glad if I can get feedbacks from you.

*If this is also still unstable, I will further adjust.

Special thanks to All silent users of my settings! :-)

Of course, many thanks to @cbrandin and KING @driftwood!

• Modified 444 matrix from my BETA Team in Japan is adopted in all the modes

• Upto 110M for Top Quality 1080p24 at Q18

• Upto 140M(110x1.25=137.5M) for Top Quality 1080p30 at Q18 in 24H mode with 80% Slow-Motion Mode (No Sound)

• Upto 75M for Top Quality HBR/FSH modes

• Upto 75M for Top Quality 720/50p modes

• Upto 65M for Top Quality 720/60p modes

• Extremely reliable top performance in AVCHD 24H and 24L

• 80% Slow-Motion is available in 24H and 24L both

• Fully working iA and iDynamic modes if you require them (Take care only in 720/60p)

• Beautiful 3 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in all the modes

• Bush of Death / Death chart tested.

• Wonderful Pasadena Pulse Audio Patch V2 B2, by Per Lichtman

• Top quality 2K mjpeg Mode in HD by Nick Driftwood

• In camera playback is sometimes available after reboot the camera in all the modes.

*Supposing you use "SH" mode safely in 60p, please turn OFF iA and i dynamic control. In 50p, it is satisfactory at all.

*I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card.

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 Lite_BETA 'Apocalypse Now' with 'Modified 444 Matrix'.zip
  • If there is a request from some user, in the next BETA version of "Lite", the max bitrate in 24p may be lowered more. :-)

• @bkmcwd Thank you, for your reply! Yes, you are absolutely correct. Even though this GF2 is set to 720p_60, which should be using 9GOP for the GOLGOP3-13_Sedna setting, it is instead using what appears to be the 60i's 3GOP and it is like this with any developed setting used, i.e. if the setting is intra and 1080_60i=1GOP then 720p_60(30)=1GOP, as well. Using 720p with GOLGOP3-13_Sedna-AQ1c_v2.1_Beta4 the file is indeed 720p_30, 1280x720, 3GOP.

• @bkmcwd San

I have a question about the Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3_BETA2 patch. Is the quality of the HBR30p mode the same as the Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3 patch? I vaguely remember reading somewhere on this forum that the HBR30p mode is tied into the 720p mode. So correct me if I am wrong, if an adjustment is made to the 720p mode doesn't it also affect the quality of the HBR30p mode? Does the Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3_BETA2 improve video quality in the 720p or does it improve spanning?

Thanks again for your time and improving this patch.

Aloha,

ナナオ

• @coors

Many thanks for your explanation! :-)

It is a very interesting issue. Is this solved supposing the setting only for GF2 is made?

When GF2 firm was made to read into PTool, existence of 1080i and 720p has been checked.

Is the same result brought even if you replace values manually?

• @Azo

Hi Nanao,

Thanks for your question. :-)

Is the quality of the HBR30p mode the same as the Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3 patch?

Yes.

if an adjustment is made to the 720p mode doesn't it also affect the quality of the HBR30p mode?

In this update, it is NO. However, since there are common parameters in HBR and 720p, if they are changed, of course, it is influential.

Does the Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3_BETA2 improve video quality in the 720p or does it improve spanning?

Only for video quality. Not for spanning. About whether spanning is possible in 60p/"H" mode, I have not verified yet.

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters