Personal View site logo
Fancier FC-470 tripod
  • 33 Replies sorted by
  • @stonebat

How do you plan to use CB for a slider?
  • CB can stabilize a tripod when a slider sits more vertically. To reach to lower position, edge end side of a slider could sit on a tripod.

BTW I don't own a slider... yet. Maybe next year.
  • >CB can stabilize a tripod when a slider sits more vertically.

Sorry, I do not understand.
    If you want to tilt slider, use tilt lock.
    CB do not work properly with anything that is not properly balanced.
  • I meant a complete vertical position for a slider. Then a camera moves up and down vertically. The tilt lock may not be enough to stabilize a tripod.

"Intuitively" CB could help balance a tripod. I'm just guessing.
  • >"Intuitively" CB could help balance a tripod. I'm just guessing.

You intuition is wrong.
    As I said, all must be balanced for CB to work.
    And, of course, no camera movement is possible.
  • Found video reviews of 7063 and 7085 heads and kits

• I've had the FC-04H from the PV deals for almost a year now and overall I'm super happy with it. I went a couple of months not using it due to other commitments then pulled it out of the bag last week to find that my bubble level is no longer working... All the fluid is gone from it - who knows where!

Has anyone else had this happen? Is there a way to fix it? Very odd that this happened.

On a related note, I'm still curious to hear if anyone here ever replaced the spring for the larger spring for heavier loads and if so, do you have instructions on how to do it?

• Has anyone else had this happen? Is there a way to fix it? Very odd that this happened.

Just go to ebay and check bubble levels, small round ones are very cheap.

I'm still curious to hear if anyone here ever replaced the spring for the larger spring for heavier loads and if so, do you have instructions on how to do it?

I don't have instructions, but as you start disassembling head you got idea yourself.