Personal View site logo
Powering GH3
  • 62 Replies sorted by
  • It looks like if you're using a 9VDC with a coupler, you should be just fine.

• @questech , som step-up converters has no stable output voltage ... first needs to be checked as if step-up converter gets 7.2v and it outputs 8.4 it can be easy if you input 9v you will get 10.2 v out, so check this before you connect camera to such coupler with step up converter! Some of them work somehow as with percent (%).

• I've just bought a GH3 which I will be using to film my children and cats. Can anyone recommend a good place to buy decent decoded third party batteries? I appreciate eBay will be the likely answer so was hoping someone had experience of a particular supplier they have had success with?

• Thanks questech that's great.

• @mpgxsvcd

Did you receive the 3rd party battery for the GH3? If so, how did it work out?

RE: Just ordered a second battery from MelloDigital.com for $59 including shipping. It is not an original Panasonic battery but the lady at MelloDigital claimed it has the chip and will show battery life on the display. She also claimed it was rated for a higher mAH.

We shall see. It is supposed to be delivered in two weeks. I wonder if it will charge faster?

• Hi all:

I'v ordered and have been using 2 additional Batteries and a Power coupler from a company in NJ called Best Bat.

I own 2 GH3s and have had no issues at all to date. The Batteries were $21 each and I think the coupler was around $25. http://www.bestbatt.com/

• @questech Does the product in the link show battery life on the display?

• Hi,

I've been using them now for some time with no complaints whatsoever.

With that said, The batteries that I purchased all of that time ago, may not be the same batteries they're selling now, so be aware of that.

They do show the battery life and keep a great charge... at least the ones that I have.

Hope this helps!

• Hi y'all - Starting to think about getting a GH3. I've been using a Jag Battery from Jag35. It's 12v. They made a step-down adapter for the GH2 but they don't currently have anything for the GH3.

Wondering if anyone would know of a way to power the GH3 with this battery? My shoulder rig is counterbalanced so well now, I'd hate to start looking for new products if I don't have to.

Thanks!

• Chinese are making GH3 battery grips now. Cost is $64 and up.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_armrs=1&_nkw=gh3+battery+grip