Personal View site logo
Avid Pro Tools 12 and 11
  • Key Features:

• Fully redesigned audio engine and 64-bit architecture
    • New Avid Audio Engine – Delivers multiple times the processing power of Pro Tools 10 on the same hardware configurations.
    • 64-bit architecture – Exponentially increases the number of simultaneous virtual instruments and the performance to handle the most sophisticated sessions.
    • Offline bounce – Delivers mixes up to 150 times faster than real time.
    • Low-latency input buffer – Ensures ultra-low latency record monitoring without sacrificing plug-in performance.
    • Dynamic host processing – Maximizes plug-in count by reallocating processing resources as needed.
    • Expanded metering
    • Extended standards support – Features a broad range of built-in metering standards, from peak and average to VU and PPM, to maintain adherence to regional broadcast requirements.
    • Gain reduction – Shows gain reduction for all dynamics plug-ins on each channel.
    • Direct HD video workflows
    • Built-in Avid Video Engine – Enables audio post professionals to play and edit a wide range of HD video formats includingAvid DNxHD, directly in the Pro Tools timeline without transcoding, using the same core engine as in Media Composer.
    • Video interface support – Enables monitoring of DNxHD and QuickTime media through Avid Nitris DX, Avid Mojo DX, and other video interfaces.

Availability & Pricing

• Pro Tools 11 and Pro Tools HD 11 is expected to be available later in Q2 2013.
    • Pro Tools 11 software (full version) – $699 USD
    • Pro Tools 10 to 11 upgrade – $299 USD
    • Pro Tools 9 to 11 upgrade – $399 USD
    • Pro Tools Express to Pro Tools 11 cross grade – $499 USD
    • Pro Tools HD 10 to 11 upgrade – $599 USD
    • Pro Tools HD 9 to 11 upgrade – $999 USD
  • 16 Replies sorted by
  • No TDM or RTAS support in 11 - but can run 10 + 11 on the same system.

• Something tells me that it can be last release. At least under this brand.

• Next version is combined Media Composer and PT (apparently ;) )

• @soundgh2

Most probably next version can be called Google Cool Jam 0.5 Beta

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev That's an awesome name!

Was Pro Tools 11 codenamed "final CEO payoff before Selling the Company for pennies" ... ?

• Hehe Beta 0.1 that is @_0 I'm gonna dig out my doorstop Audiovision out and get back to editing some dials ;p

• Still no LUT importation?

• Thats PT 11+1 - it's an audio product (currently) - I don't particularly care about video quality in viewings - director might - but hey that involves locking the online :) and getting a nice MXF from kind people in the facility for the director view when laying back.

• Glad they panned the mics so we could tell who's talking @_0 sound monkeys wouldn't have realised the one with the mouth moving was the one speaking ;)

• So, AVID is giving the middle finger to CPTK customers and forcing them to pay $999 RIGHT NOW to simply keep their functionality and endless future double priced upgrades for HD versions?

Let's be honest- in reality, this 64 bit update should be free for PT 10 customers- it's a fix that should have occurred at 10 for the AAX transition of their own doing. There's NO NEW audio functionality, no new instruments or effects given. just fixing existing stuff that should have been done 2 releases ago to stay in parity with everyone else.

They finally decide to join the 21st century but for me to spend $1600 for the next two upgrades as a current CPTK + PT10 owner is a stretch, as I have doubts about the COMPANY STABILITY.

Hell, I can even get a year subscription of Creative Suite 7 for $360, so WTF am I getting from AVID? To me, this is an overt blatant money grab from desperate cash strung management...

I am seriously thinking of sitting this out, even though II was prepared to pay as much as $599 to upgrade. Ultimately, If everyone who owns CPTK sits this upgrade out and waits to see who owns the company next, maybe we'll all get the software for $299 in the discount bin 2 years from now instead of being phased out...

Am I missing something as a CPTK Customer?

• They're just rinsing us again (and again!) It's all overcomplicated and gets fairly expensive when you have to refit 10+ suites just to get the bloody offline rendering - which they've kindly informed every client under the sun that is should reduce the time in the dub - cheers Avid lol

• Spectrasonics released AAX Public Beta versions of its three virtual instruments – Omnisphere, Trilian and Stylus RMX for Avid’s new Pro Tools 11.

The new versions are available fro free to owners to test with the new 64-bit version of Pro Tools. Omnisphere,

Via: spectrasonics

• Definitely more expensive than say Logic X, but you really do need to know pro-tools to work for a audio post facility.

Oh btw anyone notice that Logic X is out? It got like no promotion or press coverage at all.

• New Stuff:

• Easier access – Subscribe, own, or use a free version of Pro Tools—the choice is yours.
    • Collaborate in the cloud – work with other artists and producers, anywhere in the world.
    • Get your work heard – Share and sell your music and audio in the Marketplace.
    • Get credit, get paid – keep track of all contributors in a session with integrated metadata.
    • Add new sounds anytime – buy VIs, plug-ins, and more from the updated in-app Marketplace.
    • Stay current – Have the latest features at your fingertips with future upgrades included.

Pricing:

• Pro Tools’ monthly subscription service, which includes one-month license subscription with updates and support, starts at $29.99/month with an annual subscription starting at $299.
    • Pro Tools annual upgrade plan, featuring 12 months of updates and support, starts at $199.
    • Perpetual licenses for Pro Tools software, including 12 months of updates and supports, starts at $899.

http://www.avid.com/