Personal View site logo
2K BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera, active m43, $995
  • 4493 Replies sorted by
  • @Tungee78 so it's you always betting more on the damn c-mounts!!! ;) Nice collection, hope you use them enough ;)

• @No_SuRReNDeR crop multiplier is like times 2.8 or 3. Luckily there is a 7 mm for m43

• Im ready for this camera ;) My c-mount Arsenal : http://www.flickr.com/photos/76135655@N07/8596673591/in/photostream/

Im excited whether my Fujinon 5,5mm lens will not vignette on this. I bought as a set of a Bolex 16mm camera; finger cross ;)

• @tobsen I am a sales rep, and know a lot of other sales reps. What do I say about sales reps? Never trust a sales rep.

• Yeah I think this guy is a bit clueless, he says it's not writing raw...what...I think he doesn't understand the compressed raw and pro-res aren't the same thing.

• What does the "active" MFT mount means? "With full electronic control of your lens, you can simply point and set iris all on command". Does it imply that the pocket camera allow to set the lens focus and the iris from/via the camera? Focus button turns on peaking (no AF?), while iris button automatically adjusts lens iris settings so no pixel value is clipped?

Anyhow, the Pocket camera looks more interesting from the two announcements.

• Another video about the pocket cinema cam. Here the sales rep mentions a completely new sensor.

Edit: Maybe he had no idea and mixed up the specs of the cams.

• Any reason for software cropping?

• I gotta say this. Paid software update for 2.5k!

• I agree with you all, better have two or three, maybe four camera bodies and use the best features from each one, but...

Would not be better sell everything and go for something more expensive with all features together?

• Hey all of sudden PV is becoming a one thread (site) show! ;) this is blackmagic i tell ya!

@shian and all maybe we should start an open petition with all these features requests and send it to Blackmagic.

• @zigizigi 2 minutes for fighting.

• I'm not really that worried about the IQ of the S16 BMC. I think Moire is a solvable issue and we may eventually see a solutions from Mosaic if this thing is as popular as I think it will be.

• Assuming that it has the same sensor as BMCC's but cropped, what would be the noise penalty?

• That girl has a funny job.

• Exactly, and GH3 and this thing are a great combo. For mix of sensor size/strengths, sharp 1080p, frame rates, etc.

• @apefos To me it's not really a problem not having 60p I can use my GH2 for that.

• Pocket Cam tiny rolling shutter snippet starting 0:50 min:

• Ok, raw and prores 13 fstops dynamic range are great. lots of post production possibilities, amazing for highlight/shadow details and texture, but...

Once again the same thing: manufacturers giving us ALMOST what we want.

Where is 60p or at least 48p or 60i? Will need a B camera to do it.

Will low light performance be any good with such small sensor?

Where is the flip LCD? Will need external monitor or EVF.

Shallow dof will need speed booster or it will be only available with telefoto lenses in close-ups.

Pretty good tool add to cine/video production, but ALMOST again... want more, pay more.

• Lets all just wait until we actually see footage..

You can find big amount of footage already, as it is same BMCC, but with software crop of the sensor (central part). They also seem to ditch peltier and active cooling, so noise must ramp up after some time.

• Lets all just wait until we actually see footage.. Lets remember how bad the BMCC moire and aliasing are before killing muffukkas to get one..

• I really like the form factor on this too, not a big fan of rigs and general paraphernalia :)

• I just realized how economical this could be for underwater video. With a pancake it may just fit some already cheap housings out there, and force any camera specific creations to be reasonably priced.