Personal View site logo
NAB 2013 Exhibition topic
  • 80 Replies sorted by
  • With the successful sale of new CineAlta™ 4K cameras, expected to reach more than 2,000 units shipment worldwide by the end of April 2013, the XAVC format has been widely adopted in the marketplace. The format holds various advantages for high quality image reproduction including 4K pixel resolution, 10 bit color depth, wide color space (S-Gamut) and refined gamma (S-log).

Sony is today announcing Long GOP (4K 4:2:0 and HD 4:2:2) as choice of high-efficiency codec to serve more widely the requirements of the content production market. In addition, to serve the consumer market, “XAVC S” employing MP4 wrapping format is also introduced as its expansion of XAVC. This expansion will encourage growth of 4K content in the consumer market.

“XAVC S” profile

• Resolution: 4K (3840 x 2160), HD, and Proxy
    • Compression: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
    • Wrapping format: MP4
    • Audio: Linear PCM and AAC

Via: https://blog.sony.com/press/sony-expands-xavc-format-to-accelerate-4k-development-in-the-professional-and-consumer-market/

• I'll be there. In booth c9049 with my distributor, international supplies. I'll only have limited time to get out to see stuff, but I'd like to meet other pv people and I'm easy to find. Inflatable softboxes for led lights. Come tell me what's cool for when I he away from the booth!

• Hi there! I will be worried about the latest information of the MFT!

• https://twitter.com/danielogarcia1/status/321090242746654721/photo/1

oh...that is so beautiful ! And 4k s35 with global shutter for 4 grand. Is this still april fools ?

• s16 is active MFT mount

• A Black Magic Pocket camera for 1k? with active 4/3 mount? Shit just got real for EVERY other manufacturer.

Panasonic better come out with something HUGE on the 9th.

• Well, Kineraw-s8 is DOA. I'm officially about to become a Blackmagic fanboy. They're definitely taking Steve Jobs advice to heart. If you don't cannibalize yourself, somebody else will. Finally somebody does 1080p raw for $1K. Panasonic better drop the prices of GH3s.

• About the Gamechanger and Laforet, i think it´s mostly about the Movi from Freefly. They have a movie where they use this rig which is mostly like a stabilized heli rig but in a handheld cage. Shot with the canon 1DC if i remember correctly.

• @gadget

Yeah, I know that - I was just being my normal sarcastic self :-)

The term is so overused it's like there was a garage sale on it.

• Black Magic has to get their production chain in order cuz if they ever do, they're gonna sell TONS of cameras. These are the kinds of products that get people excited. Being able to jump in the market with sought after products like these at mass appeal prices is a winner in my book. Just hope they have production figured out this time.

• Blackmagic just killed bolex and Kineraw from a leaked image.

• There's still a niche for GH3 for filmmakers who want to do slow motion shoots and take photos with the lenses for their Pocket BMCs, but that's not enough to justify the price. Panasonic need to drop it big time, NOW. Assuming Blackmagic will actually be producing this one in large quantities, that is.

• Yes black magic really is magic Black magic production cinema camera 4K raw for 4K !! and better Black magic pocket cinema camera 1080p Raw with active m43 mount the size roughly of a smartphone for 995$ !!!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thomas-Garret-cinematographer/161666934086

• Today sees the release of Rubber Monkey Software’s latest update to its’ FilmConvert digital film emulation tools. Extending the ability of filmmakers to deliver accurate, quick film looks for their projects, this release includes a significant new set of camera profiles. With specific support for the GoPro Hero3, and the Black Magic Cinema Camera, the new profiles also include additional custom picture styles for the Canon DSLR range of cameras.

The full new profiles and features list include:

• Black Magic Cinema Camera – full profile support, in both Film and Video modes.
    • GoPro Hero3 – full profiles for Standard, ProTune, and ProTune raw modes.
    • Canon 5D Mark II and Mark III full individual camera profiles, including the EOS standard, Technicolor Cinestyle, Flaat 11, Marvels Cine, Prolost, VisionColor and VisionTech02 built in and custom picture styles.
    • Canon 7D / 60D profiles, with all the custom picture styles seen with the Canon 5D
    • New picture style support for the Canon 5D MKII, 5D MKIII and 7D/60D: VisionColor and VisionTech02.

In addition, the FilmConvert standalone tool has updated EDL handling, improved stability, better 5K rendering, and better handling of mp4 media.

The FilmConvert technology is available as a standalone application, with plugin versions also available for Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas, Final Cut X and Final Cut Pro 7. Individual items are priced at $199, with a full bundle of all the plugins and standalone available for $299.

http://www.FilmConvert.com

• Video of Sony prototype cameras

• LAS VEGAS, NV (April 7, 2013) – Panasonic today advanced its VariCam® brand with the announcement of a third-generation model that improves upon the camera’s signature features—off-speed shooting and film-like image production—while incorporating the company’s new AVC-ULTRA family of video codecs.

This third-generation VariCam utilizes three advanced, full 1920 x 1080p wide dynamic range MOS imagers for native 1080/60p recording/operation. The camcorder boasts a true RGB imager/prism system that provides full resolution color. With an EFP-style body, the VariCam’s 2/3” B4 lens mount enables use of native format prime lenses and servo zooms, eliminating the expensive and cumbersome workarounds required when using such optics on larger formats.

Among the camcorder’s top-level production features are real-time high frame rate, off-speed recording to 120fps in full 1080p (in AVC-Intra Class100), a wide dynamic range and 24-bit LPCM audio. A powerful Color Management System provides an exceptional color gamut, and the new Log functionality provides powerful creative control over image contrast. The third-generation VariCam will have both standard P2 and Panasonic’s new microP2 slots.

Via: http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prModelDetail?storeId=11301&catalogId=13251&itemId=696015&modelNo=Content04052013012533377&surfModel=Content04052013012533377

• Thomson Video Networks has participated in the development and definition of the new HEVC compression standard, which aims at obtaining a bit-rate reduction of up to 50 percent compared to the current state of the art, H.264. With the bandwidth-reduction features of HEVC, operators can receive a video stream from a smaller-bandwidth connection, increasing service penetration at a higher video resolution than with other compression codecs.

At the 2013 NAB Show, Thomson Video Networks will demonstrate its new live and file-based HEVC encoding solution up to Ultra HD format working with various HEVC players. One such device is a player from Japanese mobile operator NTT DOCOMO, which has just announced that it will license video decoding software for HEVC to enable full HD video streaming on smartphones and other devices. The ViBE VS7000 will also be demonstrated with VisualOn’s OnStreamMediaPlayer+ running HEVC decoding on Nexus tablets. OnStream MediaPlayer+ enables playback across multiple platforms, including iOS, Android, Mac OS, and Windows Desktop.

• Mindspeed Technologies, Inc. (MSPD), a leading supplier of semiconductor solutions for broadcast video infrastructure, today announced it will be demonstrating its new 6G-serial digital interface (SDI) video solutions for 4K ultra high-definition (UHD) broadcast video transport applications at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show 2013.

Mindspeed®’s new Ultra-SDI™ products include the M22554, 6G-SDI adaptive video cable equalizer and the M22468, 6G-SDI video cable driver that support 6G/3G/HD/SD applications at 143 Mbps to 5.94 Gbps data rates. These new devices enhance next-generation system designs by providing higher density, lower power and lower material cost for transporting high quality UHD images compared to multi-lane solutions.

http://in.finance.yahoo.com/news/mindspeed-introduces-ultra-sdi-solutions-121000648.html