Personal View site logo
New Black Magic RAW Cameras: Pocket and S35 4k, general talk
  • 108 Replies sorted by
  • Democratization of cinema. I cant to imagine the offer within five years.

• WOW! BM is really listening to what the users have been saying about what they'd like to see in a new camera. So many times i've read people asking for a 4K super35 and I see they're answering the Super16 crowd as well. Active MFT is the right move and now they aren't messing around.

• Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera: Ultra portable Super 16 digital cinema camera with super wide 13 stops dynamic range, Super 16 sized 1080HD sensor, built in SD card recorder LCD, ProRes™ and lossless CinemaDNG RAW recording, active Micro Four Thirds Lens compability and Micro HDMI monitoring with overlays.

Blackmagic Production Camera 4K: Compact 4K camera with large Super 35 sensor global shutter, Ultra HD and 4K support, built in SSD recorder, touch LCD metadata entry, compressed CinemaDNG RAW and ProRes™ recording, thunderbolt and EF lens compability. Includes DaVinci Resolve and UltraScope.

• 4K global shutter? Are these fake pics? If not, when are these to hit the market, 2016?

• Woah. The pocket version seems awesome even when not knowing shit about it. Wonder if it's just 1080p actualy pixels, ie have to debayer and lose a shit load of resolution. And someone has to say it, hows the rolling shutter?