Personal View site logo
Uncle is coming, what should I get
  • I'm lost. My USA uncle is coming over...and I don't know what should I "order" from him.

Give me some ideas, low weight and baggage friendly. Under $500. Photo or preferably video related, GH2 owner.

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • A G-Technology 4TB RAID hard drive.

• Great topic! :)

• @htinla interesting...I was thinking about getting drive, that Lacie Rugged was on my list, but now you got me thinking...even though I have nightmares about Raid 0, it lost me 2TB of data one time (and it was the first and so far last hard drive failure I ever had) and I'm still not over it :D

Is it switchable to Raid 1? I dont see it stated anywhere on the B&H site...

inqb8tr :D :D well I have to ask :)

• panasonic leica 25mm f1.4 :)

• Thought about it...also thought about Samyang 7.5...because I need something wider than 14

But then again, at that price, there's a 100-300 on the market also....man it sucks being po :D

• I created some time ago similar topic, didn't get any great answers.

But SoundDevices MixPre-D would save money when compared to European stores. But it's over your budget. Or you can hunt older MixPre version from eBay (they usually ship only to US address).

• Seems like a great product but currently H4n handles most of my audio needs and the price tag on the SD is :)

SLR Magic HyperPrime Cine 12mm caught my eye, all quick and wide :D

Im looking at http://hazeghi.org/lens-chart.jpg and trying to figure something out, to no avail :D

• the 12mm is a fine lens. I have seen many great videos shot with it...a lens with character but apparently also little flaws. Its still on my wishlist anyhow :)

• The Pentax K-01 with 40mm lens is a bargain right now.

• The Pentax K-01 with 40mm lens is a bargain right now.

Yep, fully support. Most undervalued camera of 2012 year.