Personal View site logo
4K raw camera at upcoming NAB rumors
  • 38 Replies sorted by
  • It looks like that videos from Dharma Initiative :-)

• it was on march 31 actually..but on japan was april 1st...so...

• it was on march 31 actually..but on japan was april 1st...so...

As I see video was online from March 30, so.

• there was also info leaked about GF6 and G6 cameras coming out very soon, so unless a whole line of panasonic cameras coming out is an April fools joke it seems unlikely. I had the misses watch the video and the translation is pretty accurate. She also said if it is fake, he is a very good actor.

• Last year at NAB:

ALSO: http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=RW93mpm-FhA&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DRW93mpm-FhA Toward the end of this one a rep says that a modular 4k camera is in active development and that we would see something from them in "at least a year/year and a half"

• Yes! OMG, GMO, there was also a source from Guam that said it will have TSPS (Total Steam Power Sensor) and it will power itself on only sea water. Just 1 liter will last 365 days of continous shooting. Also a guy from Guantanamo had seen a preproduction model used to film interrogated prisoners. He said it was able to do mega-giga-hyper-ultra-4k-slomo at 4/3million frames per second.

EDIT

Hot news! Pricing confirmed by Alaskan deep-sore-throat-source at NAB. Will definately be under 1999 USD + includes free food stamps (brain only). 999 USD for no-brain version. Super active MFT mount confirmed.

• I believe nothing that comes out March 31/April 1. It's most likely to be a hoax. Of course, a really good hoax would be to leak incredible specs, then actually build it.

• Ok, so my contact at NAB finally managed to get a snapshot of Panny's new modular camera: The Micro Four Ones with ENG style handle attached. They are busy setting up some 4K shots for the booth net week and this is one of the master sets: "the bar scene". I for one am looking forward to using this for our upcoming wedding shoots, being able to pull stills from the 4K stream will add great value to our clients. Happy 2013-4/1!

Panny 4-1.jpg
    346 x 333 - 63K
  • @ oscillian

You got to work on your photoshop skills.

• @kabuto1138

C'mon! That one took me at least two hours to tweak ;)

• You should send it to him. I bet he'll get a kick out of it...

P.S. Still hopefull something big will be revealed at NAB.

• Considering what you guys pulled last year on April Fool's day, I'm remaining in the skeptic camp. :P