Personal View site logo
GH2 High Quality GOP3 Settings, Series 2: 'AN' Valkyrie, GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, Duke, natural :-)
  • 670 Replies sorted by
  • @chickenpusher.. dude that is friggin cinematic! Can't believe you used kit lens. I have a 14-42mm which I'm guessing would be similiar to yours, and now I'm dying to try this patch! The first window shot is on modified matrix or original? What profile did you use? -2? How much of this is color corrected? Please chickenpusher, tell me. :)

• @chickenpusher: very nice stuff. you really got the best out of that kit lens aswell!

• @chickenpusher, as Aashay mentioned, i would like to know more about GH2 settings you used, ...nostalgic, smooth, then all 4 subsettings at -2?

• Thanks for your comments. I used the Smooth profile with all -2 (I think). Every shot was colored with 3 way colorista and curves adjusted to make the shadows pop out. I'm still learning to do good grading but I have my own image that I like and generally stick to. To be honest these settings Did a lot of the work for me. The 14-140 is a really underestimated lens. Sure, it does not have a fast aperture or shallow depth of field but that look has been completely overused by the DSLR community in my opinion. Plus it has really good image stabilization.

• @Aashay I didn't modify any matrix. It's a combination of the settings and correct exposure that I passed through my simple color correction.

• Panny 14-45mm F: 6.3 SS: 1/100 ISO: 160 OIS: ON Nos[-2.-2.+1.-2] AWB G+5 B+5 AF

Valkyrie_444_TZ2_BETA3_HBR30p_ISO160_sakura_sp_qp.JPG
    1298 x 631 - 532K
    Valkyrie_444_TZ2_BETA3_24p_ISO160_sakura_sp_qp.JPG
    1299 x 632 - 531K
  • @bkmcwd.. that 24p footage on kit lens looks stunning!! I'm gonna try this soon. Is Type zero 2 beta 3 most stable patch for 24p work? Is there any reason you use Nostalgic profile when others seem to go for smooth/standard more?

• @aashay: i use nostalgic,too. it has the highest DR of all gh2 film modes...

• @Mirrorkisser.. Oh..thanks. I was under the impression that smooth -2 gets you ideal flat image for narrative type work which I mostly do. So what settings do you use on Nostalgic? -2?

• -2 -2 0 -1 Well, could be. I was using smooth the past year. There is something about nostalgic that i like. Especially when its a bit darker. I dont know about the flatness dslr conventions. I think what is commonly understood as the cinematic dslr style is totally overused these days. Super flat and super duper shallow depth of field, is simply not my cup of tea, while others might crave for that look. I also dont grade much, just when i fooked up i do mild corrections. Its just like with photoshop. People overdo it and things start to look artifical. Its the same with slider/dolly shots or steadycam work. Its just so much overused. People use it without any motivation coming out of the story or subject. Just dull eye candy. Besides that there are not many people who do it well on a technical level in the first place. They get their glidecam and think that is half the rent. It takes years to master a steadycam.

The good thing about the 444 matrix is (in my opinion) that the out of the camera results are pretty much alright. So Valkyrie and nostalgic just go well like frenchfries and ketchup in my opinion :)

But then again this is all my personal view. And i am far from being a pro. Sorry for getting slightly off topic.

• @Mirrorkisser.. Thanks for taking time to share your opinions. Ofcourse, everybody is not gonna agree with such things, but your reasoning definately has made me decide that I'll take Valkyrie out on next testing and try it with nostalgic. Simply cause I like french fries with ketchup. lol

• Hi guys

Thank you for maintaining this thread during my hospitalization. I came back! :-)

I shoot the samples of cherry blossoms in the site of the hospital where I was in the hospital.

• Get well buddy!

• Welcome back m8! I hope you are 100% well again very soon! :)

• Many thanks guys! :-)

I am going to release new Valkyries after a while.

Of course, improvement of Spizz is also due to be resumed.

Personally, I would like to also start improvement of GOP3ZILLA early.

I continue improving these based on the feedbacks from you users.

• @bkmcwd i am so happy to read this, keep on the good work, but get better first :) !

• Welcome back @bkmcwd

Has anyone tried putting their 444 clips through 5DtoRGB? I am trying Uncompressed full range, Prores 422 Broadcast,.. but I am not seeing any improvement at all! or am i just doing t wrong?

• I've been playing around with this footage in 5DtoRGB, and I'd like another opinion on this, but there is absolutely no visible step-up in colour or image quality over the 444 native clips. If this is true then this hack truly is brilliant.

• @bkmcwd I am looking forward to the new Valkyrie releases!

• Thanks guys! :-)

I think that new Valkyries is probably releasable at this weekend. These are improved in all the rec modes.

• looking forward to it, tnx in advance!

• Panny 12-35mm F: 7.1 SS: 1/100 ISO: 160 OIS: ON Nos[-2.-2.+1.-2] AWB G+5 B+5 AF

ValkyrieCS_TZ2_24p_ISO160_sakura_sp_qp.JPG
    1299 x 630 - 535K
    Valkyrie_CS_TZ2_HBR30p_ISO160_sakura_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 631 - 527K
  • The HBR30p mode looks incredible! I don't know if its just me but I can't see any discernible difference between 24p and HBR30p mode. I can't wait to get my 95MB/s cards so that I can try out your patch.

• NEW!

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_BETA3 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Modified 444 Matrix' - seta.ini - Released 06/04/2013

This is the version which adjusted safer and better from TYPE-ZERO2_BETA2 in all the rec modes.

IMO, this BETA is most stable and most reliable in Valkyrie series now.

I think that the freezing issue at the moment of the focusing and zooming was solved nearly perfectly also in Panny lens use.

Please try it! And I am very glad if I can get feedbacks from you.

*If this is also still unstable, I will further adjust.

Special thanks to @har_k and All silent users of my settings! :-)

Of course, many thanks to @cbrandin and KING @driftwood!

• Superb-looking Pure Original 444 matrix from cbrandin is adopted in 24p mode

• Modified 444 matrix from my BETA Team in Japan is adopted in HBR/1080i and 720p modes

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p24 at Q18

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p30 at Q18 in 24L mode with 80% Slow-Motion Mode (No Sound)

• Upto 75M for Top Quality HBR/FSH modes

• Upto 75M for Top Quality 720/50p modes

• Upto 60M for Top Quality 720/60p modes (6GOP)

• Extremely reliable top performance in AVCHD 24H and 24L

• 80% Slow-Motion is available in 24L only

• Fully working iA and iDynamic modes if you require them (Take care only in 720/60p)

• Beautiful 3 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in 24p, 1080i and 720/50p

• Bush of Death / Death chart tested.

• Wonderful Pasadena Pulse Audio Patch V2 B2, by Per Lichtman

• Top quality 2K mjpeg Mode in HD by Nick Driftwood

• In camera playback is sometimes not available in 24p. In other mode, Sometimes available after reboot the camera.

*I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card.

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_BETA3 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Modified 444 Matrix'.zip
  • NEW!

bkmcwd Valkyrie Cinema Smooth TYPE-ZERO2_BETA4 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original Cinema Smooth Matrix' and 'Modified Cinema Smooth Matrix' - setb.ini - Released 06/04/2013

This is the version which adjusted safer and better from TYPE-ZERO2_BETA3 in all the rec modes.

IMO, this BETA is most stable and most reliable in Valkyrie series now.

I think that the freezing issue at the moment of the focusing and zooming was solved nearly perfectly also in Panny lens use.

Please try it! And I am very glad if I can get feedbacks from you.

*If this is also still unstable, I will further adjust.

Special thanks to @har_k and All silent users of my settings! :-)

Of course, many thanks to @cbrandin and KING @driftwood!

• Superb-looking Pure Original Cinema Smooth matrix from cbrandin is adopted in 24p mode

• Modified Cinema Smooth matrix from my BETA Team in Japan is adopted in HBR/1080i and 720p modes

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p24 at Q18

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p30 at Q18 in 24L mode with 80% Slow-Motion Mode (No Sound)

• Upto 75M for Top Quality HBR/FSH modes

• Upto 75M for Top Quality 720/50p modes

• Upto 60M for Top Quality 720/60p modes (6GOP)

• Extremely reliable top performance in AVCHD 24H and 24L

• 80% Slow-Motion is available in 24L only

• Fully working iA and iDynamic modes if you require them (Take care only in 720/60p)

• Beautiful 3 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in 24p, 1080i and 720/50p

• Bush of Death / Death chart tested.

• Wonderful Pasadena Pulse Audio Patch V2 B2, by Per Lichtman

• Top quality 2K mjpeg Mode in HD by Nick Driftwood

• In camera playback is sometimes not available in 24p. In other mode, Sometimes available after reboot the camera.

*I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card.

bkmcwd Valkyrie Cinema Smooth TYPE-ZERO2_BETA4 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original Cinema Smooth Matrix' and 'Modified Cinema Smooth Matrix'.zip
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters