Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic, series 3
  • 1137 Replies sorted by
  • @driftwood interesting. They were probably scared of getting lots of returns, 72mbs = 9MBs, was probably a decision to keep compatibility with all true class10 cards.

• I also have problem updating firmware with my 32GB card, so I had to use smaller capacity (16GB) to update the camera

• @Skenzin The ugly noise Shian Storm and others reported using the 72mbs ALL-I codec is because 72Mbps is simply not enough even with the benefits of adaptive 8x8 transform. 4x4 transform with the hi bitrate GH2 Intra hacks are much better.

• Upgraded 10 minutes ago and it's all ok. @emonty In my situation the Custom Settings are still the same. ws.

• @Skenzin Intra settings should be able to be improved... ;-)

• @driftwood that's good news.

2 things I was hoping to see come out this release was ability to have hacked custom settings, or possibly a fix to the ugly noise Shian Storm and others reported using the 72mbs ALL-I codec.

• Exciting times. :) Got mine upgraded after a few attempts - the GH3 wouldn't detect the bin-file on my 64GB card while the (empty) DCIM ++ directories still were on the card, but when I formatted a smaller (4GB) card and removed the default directories I got the update to run.

• Looking good on the firmware :-)

• lol, upgraded thxs...all good

• @emonty

do all custom settings remain after the upgrade?

This is the best question I have seen all day and yes they do remain.

• Wooops, sorry, I didn't knew about the hacking process or firmware format... Anyway thanks and good luck @Vitaliy_Kiselev!

• thank you feha!

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev sorry, was getting too excited, can't wait for the hack!!!! (just did the update also)

• do all custom settings remain after the upgrade?

• EVF much better after updating firmware. There was somekind of lagging when panning in certain lighting from left to right or right to left but not from up to down or down to up. The picture in EVF went a littlebit foggy and it feld like the refresh rate dropped a lot.

This weird behaviour appeared with native lenses and 3rd party lenses. It was only in EVF, not LCD or recorded movie. It was present during recording and also only looking through EVF w/o recording. I guess I have a pretty early version of GH3, serial nr ...KA001001. Havent seen discussion of this problem before but now its gone with firmware update. EVF is very good!

• Just made the upgrade... At last I have continuous display without interruption via hdmi out for my Blackmagic Intensity Pro. Great for live streaming !

• This is not much of upgrade except the EVF ... as @SuperSet
    "external display disappearing bug/feature still exists" very bugging ... :-(

Hope soon we will be able to get VK version, I just want time limit removal for PAL-EU , anything more is welcome :-)

• @drbuckyballs

How about look few posts above?

• gamma/tone/WB shift still exists and no AE lock to shutter halfpress... nmad

• Just finished upgrading.. external display disappearing bug/feature still exists.. damn.

• Time to change from hacked (MOON) GH2 to GH3, any suggestions? any future hack plans?

What do you mean?

Gh3 body is on the way to me, firmware is available.

Firmware format is totally different from cameras of GH2 generation. Hence all as usual, dumping (if sucessfull). And later reversing.

• Nice, I love the fact that now you actually see exactly what you are recording, no more orange and over saturated LVF while recording!

• Firmware v1.1 is out! http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/download/fts/index2.html

1. Connecting to PC via Wi-Fi by inputting the computer name (the NetBIOS name for Apple Mac computers) is enabled.
    2. 1920 x 1080, 60p[NTSC]/50p[PAL], 28Mbps mode is added in the video recording option of [MP4].
    3. Speed of AF, consecutive shooting performance of AFC is enhanced in use with H-PS14042 and H-PS45175. *Please update the firmware of the lens to its latest version.
    4. The monitor continues to display images during HDMI output even while [Auto LVF/Monitor OFF] is set.
    5. Instability of shutter interval during interval shooting is improved.
    6. When [Shutter AF] is OFF, operation is changed not to enlarge the image while using [Pinpoint AF] when even if shutter button is half-pressed.
    7. Performance of image signal processing is enhanced during video file playback.