Personal View site logo
GF2 Stable Settings
  • 614 Replies sorted by
  • No, 80-200 2.8

• @zinin Your clips are light and fleeting as dreams ... great job!

• Hello Any body there plzzzzzzz what is the best GF2 Hack for 14-42 lens and sandisk extreme 45mb/s for details,slowmotion and night thanx

• Hi, my Gh2 is taking longer than expected to be repaired, and I am in a crunch since I will be going to Kyoto in several days.

Question # 1) Does one still need an ND filter to use Manual lenses in Daylight for shallow dof, and what not?

Question # 2) if the answer to question #1 is yes, what other G series cameras (for the individual on a budget) do not need the ND filter work around?

Thanks, I have been thinking about a GF2 for awhile, but sorta go forced into it making a decision very soon, and after 3 hours of reading this thread I am still unclear, and need sleep.

• Hi,

My GF2 images are very noisy in low light, I think it comes from my patch what patch you recomend me for shooting in low light (720p) ?

thanks

• Could someone please post a ini file for us to use.

• Hi,

I install the Driftwood "nebular" and there si lots of white dots in my image with the panasonic pancake 14mm f2.5... Do you know what it's not work on my GF2 ????

thanks

• Hi guys,

Im using cluster v6 top reliability and i was loving it. I managed to record a couple of clips on the hd setting for testing and the bitrate were around mbps. Its phenomenal to my newbie eye, but here's the thing upon using the hd setting again rather than the fsh i cant record anymore, the hd icon is blinking red along with the icon of the sd card. Any idea whats happening? Im using sandisk class 10 sd card

• Hi guys any help regarding my issue?advance thanks!

• Subco if you are still here can you please upload your modified cluster 6 patch that enbles 720p payback in camera? Or anyone who has chieved that. I haven't tried any hack yet, but after reading the whole thread it seems that the best patch so far is Driftwood's cluster 6, but i want it to be full functional meaning i need 720p mode to be playable in playback. Thanks

Soryy for the messy post, writing from e cellphone.

• Oh...thanks for replying subco, i have an Integral class 10 SD (up to 20MB/s) and i've tried many patches, but almost in every patch i had problems with playback. The only one that worked full from me was the stonebat's first attach in the 2nd post of this thread.

Anyway, I dont mind if the patch is not fully pushed to maximum settings, i just want a fully stable patch at all settings, including 720p, so if anyone has end up with a stable patch that uses until now i would like to give it a try. Thanks.

• i found that Any LongGOP Patch is better On GF2 i am using Now Cluster 'DREWnetGH3' and its ok , 720p no play only,,,, quality and motion is amazing .... Low light is good... with panny 14-42 Thanx All

• @subco

someone had mentioned that he was working with manual controls for GF2, but I do not anything yet ...

• Can anyone publish tested Sanity 5.1 settings, adapted for GF2? I have SanDisk Ultra 32 GB Class 10. Thank you.

• With the GF2's shutter speed locked at 1/60th, in 'flicker reduction', the exposure-comp/thumbwheel is changing the ISO. This is with settings built with Ptool 3.66dbeta. Earlier last year I had a GF2 and I don't remember having this ISO control with Ptool 3.65d.

• Guys can you try out Cluster Slipstream over on the Cluster X series thread and let me know if the GF2 works with it. Thanks.

• Thanks, subco! I tried in-camera 1080 playback. It works too.

• @Driftwood yes, it works. FHD50i GOP3 with playback on camera. The first Frame is IPB and all other Frames IB (StreamParser). Thank you.

• @Driftwood Ok, I'll give Slipstream a go, too, but I want to say that Moon-Trial5 is just absolutely stable on the GF2, using 720p_60 (30x2). 3GOP and 50-72 Mbps seems to be a good combination, as it allows playback as well.

• DO NOT USE THIS INI FILE:

seti.ini
  • @Driftwood WHAT A CHANGE OF BITRATE! :D

Guys, I just don't know what to say. I'm no expert of settings/gop/bitrate but yeah.. Here we have a comparison of 2 MTS videos out of my GF2: - Almost same lenght of recording - Same video mode (Avchd1080/50i) - Almost same footage, cloudy day

But: - With Cluster X 12/15 Classic GOP DREWnet Trial 8 (3/03/2013) I have a SWINGING (medium) bitrate - With Cluster X Slipstream#3 (15/03/2013) I have a COSTANT (HIGH!!) BITRATE!!

What can I say? KEEP ON WORKING ON IT! Driftwood, you're a master. Is this really happening? :D

-0009_Time.PNG
    746 x 286 - 39K
    00002_Time.PNG
    746 x 286 - 42K
  • @Driftwood gf2 running Moon-Trial5 - rather stable and great image quality(not on par with the gh2, but hey, I got it for the price of one big and fast sd card;) The issues I had : - playback in cam gets stopped when there is increase in detail(arbitrarily) . Using the same card on the gh2 with moon t5 i have no such issues, so it seems like a buffer issue on the tiny gf2. The card is the dreaded 32gb/45mb , but i have used it extensively without issues on gh2 and the moon trials lately.

i am using the 1080i fsh.

• a few lockups (pull battery resolves it) in lower light and fast panning using AFS, iA, iR with the last two both on low; panny 20mm f1.7

Bitrates varied from as low as mid 20's to mid 80's.

Next is Slipstream :) but will it render the same details as moon 5?

@all as a sidenote, (I hope not too off topic) I am getting a strange line (with any patch/setting, not related to the patch itself but the camera) in the lower part of the image when using flicker reduction at any ss(50,100,etc), when in low light. Have anybody encountered this or is it just my camera? any other workaround to set the ss? for example does S priority keep the ss in film mode as well or is it only related to photo mode?

• @luxis I don't think that you can control movie shutter speeds with GF2 in shutter-priority mode, yet. Hopefully that day will come, but I'm not holding my breath. Is the line that you're getting in the footage or just on the monitor? Thanx for sharing your reliability issues. I don't have AF lenses and recently got 95Mbps SDXC, so no issues ever with Moon-5. I also have Sandisk Ultra-30Mbps and no issues with it either. I did use SD-Formatter 3.1 program and overwrote the cards 3x times before putting in the camera and formatting again.

• @coors so you don't have errors on playback in cam with the 95mb card? I have one 16gb/95mb san disk, will test with that. but I still believe is more gf2 related than card issue. Will also test the 30mb cards and see if anything different there in the in cam playback. I do use the SD formatter most of the time, then reformat in cam a few times(paranoid?;), do you use the deep format or the fast? The deep one is the most beneficial but it does take time on bigger cards.

the lines - unfortunately is in the files as well. What I noticed is that if I set the flicker reduction to 60 the line moves lower on the screen(and file) at 100 seems to be gone, so its frequency related, very odd - it may be a faulty camera, especially if nobody else has experienced this. btw it was working ok in one of the custom modes, have no idea why its was ok in the custom but not in the manual (I have it set to 50 in both) then today it seems to be appearing in the custom one as well.

So I am stuck with using 100 I guess which is not the best for natural looking motion.

As far as other settings I will slowly test as many as I can and post here my results. The new and the older clusters(6) and flow motion. I just got the gf2 and plan to use it as a b cam with the gh2 for longer takes(concerts, interviews etc) so will test mainly for spanning with the 32gb cards(don't have the 64 yet)

"Nebula6_soft w/mjpg set to1280x720@2fps" time lapse stuff? interesting! :)

• @luxis No playback errors in 720p_60 with 64gb card but, again, I'm not straining things as much as you with these old MF lenses that I use. Yes, mjpg 2fps is neat but quite limited with the GF2 since the longest shutter speed available, in mjpg or avchd, is 1/30th. To add to your paranoid theory, up 'til only recently I was formatting the card 3x in SDFormatter, in full overwrite mode, putting original v1.1 firmware image onto card and overwriting it on card 2x more, for total of 3x, updating the camera 3x with that, then repeating the whole procedure again with the actual firmware image that I wanted to use/test. It's really no wonder that I'm looking for one all-purpose setting to leave in the camera permanently. Not good, your line in image problem. Have you already ruled out that it's not a card issue or issue from using same card in both GH2 and GF2?