Personal View site logo
Locked Up Abroad shot on which cameras?
  • I'm watching the news season of the NatGeo show Locked Up Abroad, and aside from the fact the stories, the characters, and the style of the show puts most feature films to shame, the cinematography is awesome and very filmic. I know they're shooting HD for sure but am so curious if anyone knows which cameras? I've searched online and the closest I got is someone suggesting Sony cameras on DVXuser. But the show's FaceBook page has a video and in that you can see they're using a Panasonic. Maybe a HDX900? HPX3700? I don't know. But if you watch some of the episodes the motion and texture is very filmic and looks better than what I see from most Red shoots.

I'm planning on shooting a feature on a Red One MX I already own but when I watch this show, it makes me second guess the Red. I know the locations and the lighting, and the grading have a big part in this, but... still even the motion has a very filmmic quality. Can anyone tell what kind of Panasonic that is on their facebook video or know first hand what they're using? I wish I could talk ot the Dp's and find out the exact specs, lol, shutter speed, lens choice, iso... everything.

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • RAW TV make it I can ask me mate Hannah who produces the programme if you like? Thats if you're talking about Banged Up Abroad that is :)

OK used to be Sony F900 or similar but now OR Media who make it are all tapeless and she hasn't done one for a while so don't know about this series mate sorry !

• soundgh2 thanks so much! Yeah I think it was called Banged Up Abroad originally then they changed it to Locked Up Abroad. On netflix season 3 the show still ends with Raw TV as the producers. Sony F900 makes sense but I think they are Panasonic P2 cameras now.

Well thanks anyways, great show and great team they must have making this series.