Personal View site logo
Self Introduction & Question about Noise Reduction
  • Hello everyone. My name is Pedro from Barcelona (Spain). Semi-pro photographer (www.pcortacansphoto.com), on my way to videographer.

For a long time, I've shot videos with any photo camera that I'd have around, not taking care about shutter speed, fps, etc. After some months of saving and research, I decided to go for a GH3. I feel now confident enough to show some of my work to the world (via Vimeo).

Last week I shot a movie in a hospital. Not every space was well lit, and after editing and some basic color grading, I realized there's some kind of noise (or blocks, I'm not sure) on the darker areas (specially black plastic chairs in waiting rooms).

Technicalities: GH3+12-35 f2,8 , MOV at 25fps and 50fps, ISO not higher than 1600, Premiere on Mac.

My question is: is there any serious noise reduction technique in Premiere? Photoshop is excellent at noise reduction, and I am really surprised that everybody is skipping Premiere when talking about N-R, and talking about 3rd party apps.

Please find below a link to the video.

Thank you in advance for your answers!

P.

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • @PCortacans

Let'll dissect yout good post into three parts.

First must go into http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/6014/introduce-yourself#Item_66 topic.

Second is going to Showcase where I moved your post.

And last must be asked in existing topic, either Premiere CS6 one or one about noise reduction plugins.

• Wow @Vitaily, that was fast!

My intro was just a tiny effort to be polite (first post here). I definitely DO NOT intend to showcase my work here. That's what Vimeo is for. I actually spent some time trying no to embed but just link to it. And my question was not about plugins, but just the opposite. So I thought there was no specific place for it.

Sorry about that!

• @PCortacans

It is ok, we are keeping very good order on this place. So every thing has it's place here.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

I see. It's great to be able to find the right things in the right place. Don't look for me at Showcase. Not till I feel confident enough. I am here to solve my doubts, not to show off.

• @P13DM

Thank you for your feedback. One never knows when "some" is "too much"