Personal View site logo
25mm F0.95 SLRMagic topic
  • 245 Replies sorted by
  • @sebfarges, thanks a bunch! I shall download it when I get to the office. :)

Did you use any in-cam adjustments to sharpness / NR / contrast?

• @RRRR natural mode -3-2-4+0

• I'm sold... It's all because of @sebfarges!!!

• @sebfarges very nice (et mes félicitations à ta fille) your 50p samples seem a good reason to switch to the GH3

• Was there some word on a presale for this lens or maybe it was the 35mm, I can't remember. I thought I saw it somewhere but can't find it now.

• It's on presale by contacting support@slrmagic.com (shipping this month, possibly April for new orders )

looks like another gem from slr magic..

@sebfarges excellent work!

• @jleo Thanks. Is it still at a discount? I remember it was a pretty good deal.

• I think it's $799 MSRP, with rebate: $649. Best to check with them I guess

• Where can i find? Is it new? I heard about a 0.9 lens soon..but i don't remember wich one

• I'm sorry, but before sending the email request, I'd like to understand some things better. So: the lens is new, with imminent release on the market, but not yet distributed in the market. It 'correct? So why I would agree to contact them directly? Often, the "street price" is lower than the official one. But I do not know the policies Srl, so excuse me in advance for my ignorance. Tell me.

The price of the lens?

I also try some advice, I would appreciate if you can give it to me: I have the leica 25mm 1.4. It would be worthwhile to change and aim for something more? I did not take the Voigtlander "classic", because 0.95 is not as detailed (hence the leica faces him quite well). But this new lens SRL seems superb, with detailed pictures.

And above all: with a low cost (but how? :D ). With a stop more light ... ok I'm starting to drool.

Do you know if the aperture ring is noisy? If there are any "Click"? Do you know if the focus ring is soft?

Obviously with this lens always in manual work, all right? Never mind: better.

• $649. Free shipping. No return policy. 14 days for exchange only if defective at their costs for shipping. A free 77mm up-ring for 1st 100 customers.

• How, When, Where? :D Free shipping even if i am in europe?

In the official page i can read nothing about the 25mm 0.95 M43 Lens, but i can read "Our price only reflects the price sold in Hong Kong. When the lens enter your country, your customs may charge anywhere between". And that's not so great LOL 7 - 40% import tax/duty (can be more or less). It is the responsibility of the buyer to find out the import related taxes and the buyer should bear all such costs.

• @stonebat Is that return shipping costs being paid by SLR or the buyer? Just wondering because this was the problem with the 12mm when it came out. Many people bought bad units directly from the manufacture and if they wanted a replacement or repair, they had to pay for all the shipping back. Turned out to be a really bum deal IMO, especially since the QC was so poor in the beginning.

• @Renovatio @vicharris You better ask them :) and make up your own mind.

• Of course, if I take the SLR then would sell the Leica, the possibilities would be greater and there would be no reason to keep the PL (except for the automatisms with the body, the gh2..but in the video is not needed).

Then confirm that there are no click: Excellent. Then contact them and ask if I can order it directly from Europe, prices, etc? In short, how to buy it :)

Thanks, I'll let you know.

• They answered, cordially, that the lens will be available from the end of March. The cost is $ 650 at the beginning, including shipping.

But I'm worried about taxes and customs duties. Here in Italy we have taxes to 21% and the price would rise to much ..

So what to do? Help :(

• Read, think and decide.

• @Renovation Will they pay return shipping if you get a bad lens or is that still the responsibility of the buyer?

• They only wrote "If the lens is defective, customers must inform us by email within the first 14 days for us to arrange exchange on our costs. After that, customers have to send the lens back to us in Hong Kong by postal service with "Tracking" on their cost, and we will arrange repair service and send the lens back by postal service with tracking to our customer on our cost". So, if it's a bad lens, you have to pay return shipping....

In the answer i wrote this is a fact a bit 'annoying. I'm just waiting to know more about custom cost.

• Adorama still has the SLR Magic 35mm F1.4 still on sale for several months. hopefully by the time they get some, it should still be at the rebate price.

In some countries, camera and electronics are duty free, but not tax free. Best to get the customs regulations in print, not over the phone. Mistakes in labelling by the shipper can also cause problems. Some carriers like UPS charge a hefty brokerage fee, but if you claim the shipment yourself, the fee is waived.

• Hmm, seems they have changed their policy there. When I bought my 12mm they told me I had to pay to send it back which I thought was un-cool. Especially since they had such bad QC problems with it. That's a pretty good deal then if they will take back bad ones. @jleo I went ahead and bought that 35mm for shits and giggles since it was so cheap. I meant to return it but I passed my window at adorama. It's not bad at all but it is softer than my Rokinon 35mm but the breathing is much better. Guess it's a tradeoff for a $270 lens :)

• Yes, I can confirm that you can buy from them directly from England by mid-April, but the costs will be affected, as they too have to pay customs. So, if I can sell my lens, a Leica 25mm 1.4, then ordain the new SLR.

• @vicharris yeah, i thought of getting the 35mm f1.4 for the same reason, but I started using the 12mm on ETC mode. That provided enough giggles til the 25mm is out! A little soft in ETC but not bad. The Voightlander 25mm is dropping in price 599 to 689 Euros.

• @jleo Where can i find the Voigtlander at that price?