Personal View site logo
Cultura Fuerte Music Video - GH2 and F3 cut perfectly
  • Colored and camera oped this one. Worked with a local cinematographer to throw out the Canons (save for the 5d for a few shots) and swap for 3 GH2s. Cut seamlessly!

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • The first 3 minutes was phenomenal - just one beautifully composed shot after another. You've got a unique style here - well done. Editing was great as well. The only reason I didn't like it after the 3 minute mark was I didn't like the lead singers style and delivery...almost as if it was a Cypress Hill "slow-jam". But that first 3 minutes...just killer.

• I can't tell the difference but I sorta stopped looking and just enjoyed the video!

• Also, I'd love to see a version with some good grain over it! Might give it some me flavor and character and this is the type of piece that would be great for that, IMO! :)

• We cut non-hacked inserts into the F3 (native, no s-log) for a short film and it cut beautifully.

• @matt_gh2 - Appreciate it!

@vicharris - The version we premiered live has some nice dirty grain over. It died in the youtube compression.

• @artiswar If you have get the grainy version up for download via vimeo or something like that, I'd love to see it! I bet it's awesome! How much convincing did it take for the director to go with GH2s instead of Canon s? :)

• @vicharris - I'll work on that! Not much convincing. The DP got hired and didn't rent as many cameras as the director wanted on set. I got called in as back up and brought GH2 friends with me. Haha. Now he's mostly cut the Canon cord. A feature he's working on had 3 GH2s on set with an Epic, Scarlet, and F3. Not to mention some uncomfortable 5D owners. :-)

• @artiswar Nice! What part of the world are you in?

• @vicharris - Albuquerque, New Mexico! Disclaimer: Breaking Bad is a totally accurate portrayal of Albuquerque.

• Oh, so you're state side. Good to hear people breaking free from canons here. And yeah, Albuquerque, I believe ya!