Personal View site logo
Future of wedding market
  • "Things are quite tough right now," she said after the wedding. "We cut down on many things, from invitations to the reception, on everything."

The number of Greek couples who tied the knot in church tumbled to 28,000 in 2011, two years into Europe's debt crisis, compared to the pre-crisis level of 40,000 in 2008, according to the country's statistic service ELSTAT.

In contrast, the number of low-key civil unions skyrocketed to 26,000 in 2011 from about 8,000 a decade earlier.

Via: http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_articles_wsite4_1_21/02/2013_484079

Check how it'll be, especially if you plan to get RED Epic to shoot weddings.

Better save some for your last days.

Some Greeks do not collect their dead loved ones from the hospital to avoid having to pay for the funeral. Others can no longer afford a traditional marble tombstone and so leave plots as simple dirt mounds overgrown by weeds, a cemetery official said.

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • Even in the US it is a shame. I rarely fool with weddings, but every now and then one will pop up, and the response I get it. "we can't afford to pay you over _____ amount" Then I ask them who their photographer is, go to said photographers website, and see that their base package starts at $2000 for a wedding. lol I'm not an expert photographer, but I know a videographer has a more difficult job to shoot it and in post, and the equipment is questionably more expensive. go figure.

• It's a stretch, since we're talking about weddings, but you're ideally paying for an artist when you hire a stills photographer. Most of the time when a videographer is hired you're hiring a guy who owns a video camera.

• @burnetrhoades i'm trying hard not to laugh at this.

• @GravitateMediaGroup

Many wedding guys are exactly "guy who owns a video camera", preferably big one.

• I just say I'm happy to do the show if I can get what the caterer makes. Then they turn pale and look shocked. What? You want the same money as the people who bend a snow pea around a shrimp and put a toothpick in it?

• @drdave the caterer at my wedding was easily $3k or more...wasn't my dollar or my choice. but it was pretty good lol

• Well, I wouldn't do it for less than that! Well, 2k, OK. Including a BluRay.