Personal View site logo
Jack Reacher - The Movie
  • Hi Fellows

What are your impressions and opinions about the Jack Reacher Movie considering:

Script, Direction, Photography, Actor/Actress Performance...

And how do you describe your behavior while watching the movie?

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • I've never been asked how I would describe my behavior while watching a movie. Interesting.

• @GravitateMediaGroup I think he's asking "how did it make you feel?"

I have not seen it yet. I read all of the pesemistic complaints before the movie came out. People were up in arms about a 5'7" actor playing the role of someone who is supposed to be a menacing 6'5" tall. That's not what kept me from seeing it though (didn't have the time). Typically I like Tom Cruise movies. I look forward to seeing his futuristic type movie (forgot the name) than this though.

• I still can't make myself go watch this movie. I'm a HUGE fan of the Lee Child "Jack Reacher" character, and was so totally disappointed that they chose Tom Cruise to portray him. I'm not knocking Cruise as an actor, but its such a physical disparity, that it would be too distracting.

I'm sure for someone that isn't familiar with the books, it will probably be an entertaining movie. Guess ill wait for the DVD...

Tony

• I saw the movie earlier this month, and really enjoyed it. The cinematography was excellent, with some great camera moves (look especially for a rotating shot at the gun range.) I was extremely impressed by the quality of images they obtained while shooting car chase sequences -- those are damned hard to do well, and I think they excelled.

I understand it was shot anamorphic by a master filmmaker, Caleb Deschanel (yes, father of Zooey and Emily.) Check his entry on IMDB -- he's very experienced.

One of my favorite parts was the role played by Werner Herzog, a very interesting filmmaker in his own right.

The beginning minutes of the film, involving a mass shooting by a trained sniper, were unsettling given the recent Sandy Hook massacre, but once that was past the film settled down into the pacing of an action thriller with noir detective elements.

Tom Cruise, although probably disappointing fans of the books, delivers a great performance, with believeable action, impressive stuntwork (the Krav Maga in the fight sequences looked brutally efficient), and above all, entertainment.

Sure, it was singing a paen of praise to the US gun culture, but balanced by humor and stunning action.

• @Ian_T oblivion is what it's called right?

• @GravitateMediaGroup ..ah yes...that's it.

• Jack Reacher!!

Werner Herzog, Robert Duvall and Tom Cruise? That's right..

I have read the guff people gave this movie, because the books character was taller, and rightfully so,

but

I didn't read the books,

so I suppose it didn't matter, I screened the movie with a few people, both were ladies and said that it looked like Tom Cruise had lifters in his boots the whole time... I guess that was what they were trying to make him seem taller with...

anywho, I noticed the shots were... outta this world,

the audio on the chase scene... SMASHED IT,

and I thought Tom Cruise was perfect, especially when he told the villian he would make him, "drink his own blood from his boot..." LOL!

Werner Herzog. Yeah, I can't believe he is still so talented.

Robert Duvall! Yeah, this was an allstar cast, and they all seem to be back on their "A" game.. Like Days of Thunder....

This was maybe more of a male oriented film?

One girl in my party had a grimace from the beginning.... as it was definately a shocking cold start, watching the sniper pop off civilians left a sour taste in their mouth for the rest of the film,

Its been a month already? O how the time flys after holiday moviewatching season... anyways,

Yea, this is a movie that won't lose much steam as it makes its travels down to bluray land, so if you missed it in the theathers, not to worry, i think the action will hit just as hard at home..