Personal View site logo
Obsessed : Call of Duty Black Ops 2
  • I was not going to put this out at first because of several changes I wanted to make,
    but after watching again I cannot remember what these changes were so here it is.
    With an original idea falling through this was created last minute for a video one class with almost no planning.
    Criticism of any/all aspects of the video is expected.

Thank you for your time.

• 13 Replies sorted by
  • S&D, the best and only game mode to play, for real men! :D

• Haha not exactly what I was looking for but thanks.

• Computer games is the biggest time waste humanity invented.

• I agree. I lost a lot of time playing Counter Strike. Don't use computer games at all now.

• My friend's son became so addicted to video war games he started skipping school. At 18 he's about to join the army so he can travel the world, meet interesting people... and KILL THEM!!

Video war-games developed by the Military Industrial Complex as a recruitment device for young impressionable minds.

• In moderation, like all things.

• All of this is better than negative responses to the video itself, I suppose.

• Thanks for this thread. Depiction of cruelty, even glorification of it (Tarantino) is one negative thing for humanity; but PARTICIPATING in it, even if it’s virtual, is a lose/lose situation for us all. We’ve seen the point of fantasy and reality meet, and you don’t even have to read the news to see it. My comment is a fart in a windstorm, but its here on a respectable forum.

• As someone who got so fed up with BO2 and sold all his COD games because of it, then re-bought the game cause I was so bored with other games out there, I can sympathize, but you barely scratched the surface.

I take it you don't have a capture card so that's why you filmed the screen? Otherwise you should of put some shots of the actual captured in game footage. That would of also added some nice action and to show why you enjoy playing the game. Footage of you getting a nice double or triple+ feed. Footage of you getting a clutch defuse. Then some footage of when the game lag screws you and you put half a clip into the guy he turns and kills you in 2 bullets and the kill cam shows you not firing anything, etc...

I liked the initial dark lighting in the beginning but I would of lit you a bit brighter/harsher while trying to keep everything else dark. A cool shot you could of tried is too film yourself from head up below the projector screen so you could see the game behind you while you were playing. If you didn't have a second monitor to watch you could of played the game back in theater mode then pretended you were playing live.

Overall decent, and this is my greatest moment in BO1 and I haven't gotten anything close to this in BO2.

• @CRFilms Thank you for your thoughts, that wasn't actually me in the video. I will consider your thoughts if I ever go back to do more with this. The idea of sitting below the screen while playing sounds great. The hardest part of this was finding a way to correlate the story in the beginning with actual gameplay to show later. I needed the gameplay to be successful so we had to work with robot gameplay until he finally got something usable.

It was one of those times when an original well thought-out idea couldn't happen because someone bailed at the last minute without notice and deadlines had to be met.

• I'm definitely way better at looking at something AFTER the fact and saying how it could of been done better than doing it better from the start. The few real shoots I've been on, I always said afterwards, "Damn I should of got this shot, or that, or done this." But that's how we learn and then plan better for the next shoot. Keep it up.

• bullshit, the best simulation game is PROJECT REALITY MOD.

for real, read reviews. Not best graphic, but best gameplay.

Gamespy: "Project Reality walks a beautiful line of realism and accessibility. The result is a united sense of satisfaction, addictive gameplay, and engaging warfare that rewards you as you march deeper into the battlefield."

yes, they take your life out while playing... :(

• @CRFilms Agree 100%. Also, 5 man first blood is nuts.