Personal View site logo
  • 47 Replies sorted by
  • Thanks for the test, but you don't talk about the more intangible but more important thing that could be called screen quality and ergonomics. Things about the color accuracy of the screen (at least compared to your camera lcd screen), contrast level (can you judge exposure from it), screen resolution etc. For ergonomic, what are your impression when looking through the viewfinder, is the screen big enough, do you see the pixel, is the optic good, any distortion etc etc. I don't want to sound harsh but for now it looks more like a product brochure and not a review, for example, all the settings in the menu are meaningless if the screen is crap.

• Hi guys,

Just to give better explanation, this is our simple (but a bit lengthy I would say..hehehe) video review on the 3.5 inch EVF. .

Thanks

• @kicap Does yours have 1to1 magnification? Mine does not but I think it has some sort of focus peaking.

• I have one piece of this as well. Will be doing a video review on it soon. But my first impression is that the magnets are quite unreliable. Hopefullymanufacturer will note and improve the adhesive that keeps the magnets in their place.

• Yeah, that would be nice to see at least some comment or even a test, as we have nothing until now. I have bought myself a marshal monitor but in some circumstances an evf would be a much better tool than an external monitor.

• I have one to test in my hands. First thought's, not sure about it. The contrast and brightness is so far off my LCD on the GH2 and it's huge! The diopter is ok but the Varavon Loupe is better in that regard. The screen is sharp as shit but it's still hard to tell what's going on. I'll need a day or two and my girlfriends patients to check it out all the way. I know@5thwall has the expensive version of this. Maybe we can meet up at compare em side by side.

• I think I saw one on a shoot this week. I'm going to try and see if it was this one and if it is, ask to borrow it for a day or two. I'll give him a lens as collateral!

• @Mullum

Yep, it is adjustable. How they call it - adjustable focus.

• Is that a diopter on the eye cup? I wear specs and need to adjust for that

• Doesn't seem like it, just the canon battery plate.

• Is there A way to get a 12 Volt input into the EVF to run it off a battery?

• It's a big leap of faith ;)

• So any news on this evf and prices?

• @vicharris

You could't find reviews as it is absolutely new product and members who'll get it will be amoung first buyers in the world.

• True. I'm trying to find reviews on this thing and I keep getting dead ends. I'd take this over the Loupe any day. Tired of burning spots on my damn viewfinder because I'm a dumbass! :)

• @vicharris

As I know it is quite good screen. Btw, for EVF screen is important only for color, angles play small role.

• Any idea what type if screen it is?

• @oscillian

Of course, not 1920 :-)

• I don't get the resolution. Is it 800 or 1920?

• Interesting! Needs focus peaking and some exposure tool to be a stepup from dsrl lcds, so hope that will be possible :) @Vitaliy_Kiselev do you know how it's powered?

• Looks great! Any idea on cost?