Personal View site logo
Good high bit-rate AND medium bit-rate hack? (extreme pro + class 10)
  • 30 Replies sorted by
  • Unless you use Panny glass, go with sharp. The soft is only to take the edge off the harsh Panny glass.

• Hmm, looks like oodles of variants of AN!

Not sure about the 'soft' stuff as I use a couple of different lenses, with my 'nice' one being an older olympus that I can't imagine is super sharp.

• I hear ya. Same here - got one then later the second. I ran the math again and you may actually get up to 85 minutes on one card. (With Boom setting). Easy to test.

Heres the link to Apocalypse Now Boom as well as Apocalypse Now Intravenous settings. http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/4391/apocalypse-now-settings-boom-intravenus-cbrandindriftwood-an-soft-cinema/p1

A lot of people like em both. Different image types. Hope this is helpful. Watched your video - was over my head technically. What was that super cool audio mad scientist stuff anyway? !

• That's obviously the ideal, but can't really afford another expensive memory card at the moment.

Is that this one that you have installed? http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/4828/driftwood-settings-experimental-series-2-gh3onagh2-matrix-test-an-boom-intravenus-cluster-v8

Not seeing any Apocalypse Now Boom (assuming that AN Boom is that) in the settings forum.

• @Rodrigo If you don't mind throwing down another $130 you can get a 2nd Sandisk 64GB/95MBps card. That's what I do and use Apocalypse Now Boom which tends to average 100Mbps, so I end up being able to record for about an hour on that card. In the event I shoot for many hours, I would just switch to the 2nd card, and if I think I'll ever need a 3rd hour or more, just backup the 1st card to laptop with usb card reader. ( I haven't gone beyond 2 cards worth of footage, but if I did need to do the backup, I would spot check a few of the clips that I transferred to the laptop, before formatting the card to shoot that 3rd hour).

I like this type of setup vs what you're doing now, because it lets you keep your images as consistent as possible. You can sell the Lexar for $30 to defray cost of the Sandisk.