Personal View site logo
Perhaps the first full feature movie on the hacked gh2
  • 97 Replies sorted by
  • Congratulations! Please let us know when the film is available to see in theatre or for online purchase! I remember when you posted the footage and talked about doing your feature film with the GH2. Was inspirational. I'm now shooting a feature film myself on the GH2. Thanks for sharing your experience and great accomplishments with us. Best of luck in the festival competition.

• Thanks matt_gh2

• @Vesubio congrats my friend. It is a good thing to see talent and hard work payoff.

• @Vesubio Felicitaciones!

• @Vesubio, mis respetos, impecable tu trabajo!

• @jobox @oscillian @Bueller @Manu4Vendetta @matt_gh2 thanks for yours support guys! the pass of Musgo http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118063551
    will be made Monday, 1/21/13 @ 10.20 pm in the Main Screening Room Tuesday, 1/22/13 @ 9.30 pm in the Gallery

saludos

• WOW congrats @vesubio I hope you get the recognition and support you need to help you make you're next big budget feature!

• A compelling scenario, even if it creeps me out a little. I'm not convinced the writer/director knows what's appropriate and what's not. Since I don't feel I'm in a safe storyteller's hands, my suspension of disbelief is compromised; i.e. I don't go on the journey.

Same goes for the DP, I'm afraid - going by the trailer opening sequence. I mean, a montage series of disconnected shots; in whose time? Who is this guy, is that sun settIng through a tree what he's seeing with his eyes? Some shaky tree-line footage is fine by me, I mean this can be in the mind's eye of a shaky kind of hero. So shake away, buddy, here's hoping it's got something to do with the story!

Inside the cabin there's just a single real-time transition edit like you get in any narrative film, then it's back outside to meaningless unrelated shots of a character we're still no closer to knowing. But who's this balaclava guy? And slow-mo? Already? But we've only just met!

As I said, an intriguing story. But the scrIpt deserved a proper shot list or a storyboard.

At the risk of being like the boy who pointed to the naked Emperor in his New Clothes, I'm giving this film preview the following ratings:

image Story writing: A tentative 5 stars;

imageCamera: 4 (He'll come up to scratch with a good DP);

image Art Direction: 2 stars (All good until the how's your father balaclava);

imageActors: 4 stars (give the poor bastards the benefit of the doubt);

image Direction: 1 Star. He/she should have OK'd a shot lIst and rejected that rough-cut;

image DP: 0 Stars. Off the set, mate! Not pulling your weight;

image Hacked GH2: 5 Stars.

Pity it was let down by the Direction. As a narrative acquisition camera when matched with a riveting story, no shortcomings here, camera-wise.

Summary: I can't wait to see this film. I'm delighted by what the GH2 can do.

I am suddenly no longer worried that the new film makers with their cheap gear will take my work away. Amongst all the stuff I see lately that gets called video, 90% of it turns out to be no more than slideshows of clips that happen to move. Nobody has learned to shoot stuff which will cut together. What's worse, most new filmmakers don't even know what I mean.

• @goanna so you watched the full length?

• Sounds to me like he's just reviewing the trailer.

• @griplimited

I am looking forward to the full film. I have limited & costly bandwidth but will pay for a Blu Ray.

• @Oedipax

I thought it was a trailer but turns out to be the beginning sequence of the film shown earlier this thread.

Edited now, sorry and thanks.

• @vesubio congrats! Slamdance wow! Have a great time at the festival!

• @goanna "I am suddenly no longer worried that the new film makers with their cheap gear will take my work away. " -- Where can we see your work? You also use the GH2 right?

• @vesubio Congrats. Please definitely remember to let us all know when/where we can buy/rent the film. Looking forward to watching.

• Thanks friends!!, incredible experience, here a little piece

Gh3 +Voigtländer 25mm http://www.facebook.com/pages/Musgo/229913677100591

• @vesubio Musgo trailer looked great. Bet the film looked phenomenal on the big screen. Were you happy with how it looked when projected on big screen? Also curious, did you create a DCP for projection at the festival? Would love to see that on big screen - best of luck with getting distrubution.

• Musgo is now available on Vimeo on demand!

Check it out here:

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/3737

• Just bought it. Going to check it out this weekend. Woot!