Personal View site logo
  • 42 Replies sorted by
  • "The S16 version isn't anywhere near available they said, and the office is too far from where I am to go check it out, maybe later."

I would be very interested in a S16 version especially with all the under valued s16 glass out there. The ikonoskop a-cam looks interesting but out of my price range...... and the digital bolex......

• @Lincoln11

Not bad at all, i'm thinking about it. As i have full rig and a good Cartoni tripod, the 10lb red one mx should not be so heavy to handle. I have a set of lomo primes, if i add some ice to refresh the camera (joking) the investment, with chinese batteries, the old 320gb brick and third party hdmi monitor, if it stays in sub 6000 euro could be very good. I pm'd you asking for tips and details :-)

• Yeah, I replied. I don't want to post off topic, so hit me back for more details.

• I like that they have a John Brawley "billiard scene" test :D Maybe it was a coincidence :D

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDc0NDY0Njgw.html

• @ipcmlr

Good find. And yeah, that was definitely a JB Pool Shark knock off... yet still without color...

Oi... why?

• I'm interviewing the inventor of the ikonoskop this week, not about the camera - but if there is an interest I can sneak in a few private questions if anyone wants to know anything

• @jokieone

How about ask about their plans?
    May be small raw camera for $1000? :-)

• This camera (KineRAW S35) looks like the only contender to replace my GH2 when the time comes.

I started studying film in September. I have 3 years to go. When I finish my studies in June 2015, I plan to go RAW if that is the latest and greatest format available for a reasonable price. - At the time, I plan to be earning a fair wage - even if its not in film making directly.

What I would really like to know in a future test of this camera is how it copes with rolling shutter.(does it even have that issue with its sensor) Footage so far looks good.

Besides all that, at the time when I go to market for a replacement A cam, there wil probably be a newer model or better alternative for cheeper! win win!

Even when I do eventually replace my GH2 in years to come, I will still keep it as a camera for personal use and for the memories. Unless of course I end up not having any money and need to sell it.

So yeah, interested to know whether or not this camera suffers from Rolling shutter or not.

cheers,..

• It looks a tad . . . milky? can't quite describe what I am seeing, but then again it is 720p, and Vimeo compression is never kind at that resolution. That could also very well be the lens choice.

• What I like is all the different selection of formats and LUTs, that's quite nice.

• Looks like a FS100 or similar camera.

• The new Hudgins footage looks really good - very filmic and better than the earlier clips which seemed to have some videoish-looking aliasing in the highlights. What is the deal with the kineraw now? Are there sold units being used now or is it still in development? The website needs a serious overhaul as well