Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Davinci shows wrong duration of my files?!
  • Hi,

i have a Problem with Davinci resolve. Resolve shows me wrong Duration for my Clips (Audio and MOV Material).

Example:

Windows and Adobe Premiere shows that my WAV file has a duration of 1:03:33

Davinci Resolve says it has a duration of 1:03:29.

WTF? ... Same Problem with my GH2 Files wich i moved to an MOV Container with ffmpeg.

I recordet my mov files in 23.976 fps. Resolve Settings are also on 23.976.

Can anybody explain that?

Greetings Matthias

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Don't know about the WAV, but it's a known issue that MOV containers will act wacky depending on what version of quicktime is running, among other things. For example, when I import MOV from GH2 into Sony Vegas, the video track is about 4 times longer in duration on the timeline than the audio. If I import into Resolve, timecode is preserved but audio playback is choppy. I just render to intermediates (I'm a fan of MXF, it is intraframe and works in 10-bit) to solve these issues.

• Hmm Looks like a 23.976/24 error to me. I tend to trust Resolve more, but I've seen the same issue after grading in Resolve then finding the audio won't sync. On investigation I had either set resolve or FCPx ingest values wrong.

If the audio is a problem that you can't easily fix, you can find the point of first sync and then move to the end of the clip and retime (slow/fast) by eye.