Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Fast zoom lenses, F2.8, for podium
  • I am looking for advice on a a pair of zoom lenses for shooting speakers at a podium. They need to be fast. I will probably use them in EX-TELE mode and they need to be zooms so I can tune up the framing for various speakers. Tripod always and wide open. I am considering. Compactness is also a consideration for travel.
    Tokina 28-70 2.8
    Tamron 28-75 2.8
    Nikon 35-70 2.8
    I currently only have an FD adapter so I will need to figure out if I should get the Nikon or Pentax versions in the case of the Tokina or Tamron.
    I already have the Olympus 35-100 f2 but may not use it because of transportation logistics.

Also, would some version of a C-mount be usable in this application?

Any other suggestions, thoughts or shared experiences would be much appreciated.
  • 3 Replies sorted by
  • "transportation logistics" lol

We don't talk much about ETC. Higher than ISO 400 would increase noise level signifiicantly.
  • Yes, but good to have.
  • I finally decided on an Olympus 50-200 2.8/3.5 and am really pleased with the quality. The only possible downside is if the action on stage suddenly got wider. Can anyone recommend a 67mm thread, high quality wide angle converter that I could use to quickly expand the wide end without having to stop shooting and change lenses? Thanks