Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
My short film, partly shot on a GH3 @ the London Short Film Festival next week.
  • Hi all. If anyone is UK based and is even vaguely interested, my short film, 'Mr Torquay's Holiday', 50% shot on a GH3, is on at the Riverside Studios Tuesday 14th January 9pm as part of the London Short Film Festival.

http://shortfilms.org.uk/projections/74

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • Shot with a Voigtlander 25, Canon FD 50 1.4, Zuiko 43rd 14-54 Mark II and a panasonic 7-14.

• @nobbystylus Congratulations! In US here, so please let us know when we can watch online.

• @matt_gh2 Thanks man. Its fun to get out to festivals with the little film we made. I'll be sure to let you guys know when i launch online.

• @nobbystylus Cool. That 25 Voigtlander seems to produce some really nice images on the GH3.

• Nice one, I'm only in Kew, though working in town at the mo, so if I can get back in time I'll come down.

• What was the other half shot on?

• A rental house I've done some other jobs at gave me an Epic and a set of Cooke cine primes for a weekend (for free!) for the first (half) of shoot, and then I shot the rest over a following weekend with a GH3. They both needed a lot of grading. The epic was so 'clean' that it needed a proper grade to create a look, and then we just matched the GH3 as best as we could. Some shots are were very easy to match, others (interiors in low light) were a bit harder.

• Screening last night went very well and was very nicely received by the Festival audience. It was a shame that they screened in Standard Def (from digibeta) meaning most of the films looked poor image quality wise, which was a real surprise for a big cinema and festival of this size. Having said that my film looked pretty good, even in SD.