Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Sony FDR-AX100, 4K camcorder for the masses
  • 163 Replies sorted by
  • I didn't even have to put my glasses on for that one Vitaliy. I flat love the camera. It doesn't do everything but that's why I have more than one camera. Can't say much for Sony...but that's another story.

Just to finish up the warranty tale, I got it back in perfect working order for $503.50 which Square Trade paid. They DIDN'T upgrade the firmware though. They did replace the USB cable which I suspect caused the problem in the first place.

I took a deep breath and flashed the camera which went fine.

I'm using a Transcend card which handles the 100mb without any problems.

• @peternap man that was a royal pain. Don't drop it.

Are you using a regular SDXC for 100mb? Do you see any difference?

• @DrDave...I'm using this card and so far it's preformed flawlessly. Looks like they may have upped their quality. Transcend 64 GB High Speed 10 UHS-3 Flash Memory Card 95/60 MB/s (TS64GSDU3)

I can't see any difference out of the camera but it does seem to have more detail in post. It's really hard to tell because it needs so little in post. Auto focus seems better. I've been so mesmerized by the 4k, I haven't used the HD yet. I'm going to wring that out today since I need 60 fps. That would be number 1 on my wish list, 4k 60.

• I'm getting a pretty consistent 104mb when I look at the stats .

• @DrDave if nothing else it sure is nice not having a lot of weight, articulating arms or monitors while chasing after video subjects. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zQa54zG.jpg[/IMG]

• AX100 and DVX200 comparison

• Does anyone know how to power the ax100 with a micro USB power bank or USB adapter? I have had zero luck.

• Does anyone know how to power the ax100 with a micro USB power bank or USB adapter? I have had zero luck.

Did you checked if adapters have enough juice? I mean 2A and higher?

• Yep--I will look and see if I have a 4 amp somewhere...maybe it has to be Sony.

• Does anyone know if there is a workaround to use focus tracking or face tracking and not use auto white balance? This seems so ridiculous I'm hoping there is a workaround. @Markr041 ?