Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
RJ Lens Turbo m43 adapters
  • 782 Replies sorted by
  • @vicharris So I assume there isn't a way to get rid of it?

• @red_pill The coating used.

• Yesterday with the Tokina 11-16 I got the infamous "blue dot". Very annoying. Did someone discover what causes it?

• @oscillian thanks for the stills. Could you please shoot some short video clips as well?

• Only bad does not work with EFs lenses, but doesn't really matter as I have more EF than Efs lenses plus can put all kinds of other lenses on it via other adapters on the EF version. But the cool is the extra stop which on certain lenses make the lens even better and you can stop down one stop to make the lens even extra sharper than its original f-stop.

• Just got my FD-m43 adapter and I must say I'm happy :-) Build quality is great, no rattling or anything and suddenly my collection of FD lenses got even better!

Some wide open stills with the G6 in 16:9 mode: FDn 24mm f2.0 FDn 35mm f2.0 FD SSC 50mm f1.4 (at f2.0)

24.JPG
    1843 x 1037 - 660K
    35.JPG
    1843 x 1037 - 631K
    50.JPG
    1843 x 1037 - 679K
  • I received my rj focal reducer yesterday - Nikon to MFT - and shot some video today on campus at my work here in Florida. I am a rank amateur but I am very pleased. Shot on Lumix G6, 24p, Nikkor 24mm f2.8 AIS

• @Boncrek

Check all topic pages, they have many samples.

• Does anyone have any new links to video samples of the RJ adapter in action? The charts posted earlier only tell part of the story.

• Any update on a m43 to Sony Alpha/Minolta Maxxum AF lens turbo yet?

As far as I know it'll be all available with time.

• Any update on a m43 to Sony Alpha/Minolta Maxxum AF lens turbo yet?

• @CFreak, the RJ does have a way to adjust for infinity adjustment. Earlier in this thread, Vitality mentions you can in fact screw/unscrew the lens portion to adjust. Dunno if it officially advertise that as a feature, but that's kinda similar to how Metabones recommends adjusting for infinity: http://www.metabones.com/article/of/infinity-adjustment-speed-booster-only

• Can someone who owns one of these comment if there is an adjustment available for the infinity point, like I have heard there is with the MB SB?

• I tried to use the lens turbo with an old Zeiss Contax/Yashica 50mm lens with a simple C/Y to Nikon adapter so it could mount but I cannot focus to infinity: the maximum focus it allows is at a really close distance, so it is completely unusable. Does anyone know if there is something I can do?

• So... after I came up with a wrong link the question remained unanswered: are there any A/B tests of the RJ and Speed Booster around?

• Found this sample timelapse using one of the chinese nameless adapters and the bmpcc. Since it's timelapse it allows you to judge the edge softness issue . Check out the tree at .55sec. Obviously this looks great.

So my question is....do the cheaper adapters work better with smaller sensors like the pocket camera, since they're using a smaller image circle from the adapters ? Which would infer as well, that the chinese adapters like the RJ would work better on m43 than aps nex.

• Stacking adapters is a bad idea....period. There's zero discussion on this.

Well and if there's no problem with soft corners and such? Don't seek problems if there are non. Can happen, doesn't have too.

• @RKM Being nice has nothing to do with it. It's not a smart move. This has been documented over and over and over again by multiple sources. All you are doing is multiplying you chances of intolerance and error. You know what, I really don't care anymore. Just do what you want and have at it. Forget all the countless hours of testing people have done in order to help out others who would rather ignore their hard work, yet only to complain why something isn't working for them.

Really, do what you want.

And as for Blooms test, who knows what lens that was. He used great lenses and old lenses that might not perform the best anymore. Also one of his adapters could have been a piece of crap. BTW, there's many people complaining about the soft far right in the images.

Stacking adapters is a bad idea....period. There's zero discussion on this.

• @vicharris and the "stack away comment"

That comment suggests something about inferior quality standards. That is not nice. Actually its not hard to notice this optical error in Philip Blooms Bolex shot: "Ocean on fire" and I didn't see anyone complaining in the comments. So it could happen with 'pro' stuff as well.

• @kurth

I am really sorry, but I cleared topic from few posts, as I really do not like to have bunch of confusing things here or things not related to topic at all. Like discussing personalities in other place.

• On a side note, RJ provides very good customer service from what I've seen so far. Seems to be a first rate operation.

• GH3 with RJ Lens Turbo FD-M4/3.

50mm f1.4 24mm f2.8 S.S.C.