Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Obamacare
  • 52 Replies sorted by
  • I don't know if it's real but I laugh a lot!

• In other words, this "CEO", assuming the letter is real, is firing employees because he doesn't want to offer "his family here" health insurance -- if they get sick, they're on their on, and he certainly won't pay them if they can't come into work. If that means personal bankruptcy, too bad. So much for "family".

Another CEO might claim that if he has stop dumping lead and cadium in the local river, he'll have to fire 60 employees. Or that if he can't pay half the minimum wage, he'll need to fire 60 employees.

I guess the answer is to let employers do whatever they want, like in the 19th century. Or the way U.S. companies behave today in Mexico -- a dollar a day, no bathroom breaks, and if you're too sick to come to work today, don't bother coming tomorrow. Because otherwise I'll have to fire 60 employees.