Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Litepanels wants all import of LED lighting into US stopped
  • 6 Replies sorted by
  • This is total crap. Even though Litepanels presently has the best LEDs there's no way they're going to be able to stop the nipping at the heels from lunging at their throat…especially by proclaiming patents= monopoly rights over an evolving technology. The Chinese have proven time and again what they think of patents and no doubt their piracy shall continue until their whole philosophy has changed…and that certainly isn't going to happen over low budget LEDs for film.

The big prize is in replacing household 60 watt bulbs. Now there's a market to protect and/or promote but it's all about capitalism doing it's thing. Be it Philips or Osram or G.E. or whoever- go at it guys and do it well. And then the Chinese can deconstruct your wonderful product and tease a hungry people with a job
  • But timing is very good, as I am absolutely sure that in next 5-10 months Litepanels will start to have serious problems in the niche of high quality led lights.
  • >A judge can order a hold on imports till case is is settled.

I doubt it.
    Companies will just rebrand items and will use dealers or other friendly companies for imports.
  • A judge can order a hold on imports till case is is settled.
    Remember te Buffalo Tech routers fiasco????

• For me it looks like bullshit.
    Most probably attemp to settle for money.