Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
All we want to do is eat your brains, ZOMBIE lounge
  • 46 Replies sorted by
  • I liked Ghost Breakers as a kid! Also a big fan of Val Lewton horror movies, low budget films shot at RKO, usually with leftover props from Orson Welles movies, etc.

Val Lewton's I Walked with a Zombie (1943) Jacques Tournier, dir, pre-brain eating zombies.

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/189676/I-Walked-with-a-Zombie-Movie-Clip-Voodoo.html

• @maxr "I kick ass for The Lord" still one of my favorite film quotes. Almost no one gets it :)

• Philosophical zombie

A philosophical zombie or p-zombie in the philosophy of mind and perception is a hypothetical being that is indistinguishable from a normal human being except in that it lacks conscious experience, qualia, or sentience.[1] When a zombie is poked with a sharp object, for example, it does not feel any pain though it behaves exactly as if it does feel pain (it may say "ouch" and recoil from the stimulus, or tell us that it is in intense pain). The notion of a philosophical zombie is used mainly in thought experiments intended to support arguments (often called "zombie arguments") against forms of physicalism such as materialism, behaviorism and functionalism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_zombie

• @jpturbo hey super Josh!!! =) Great diggin'. I'll totally check your Ghost Breakers. Gracias brother

"I kick ass for The Lord" still one of my favorite film quotes. Almost no one gets it :)

@vapourtrail 'cause it's too deep and obscure for everyday joe to grasp/accept its implications XD just kidding of course

5 Reasons Independent Filmmakers Will Survive a Zombie Apocalypse

@jleo jajaja! It could be included in that list because we're used to starve or we're used to eat anything available :P
    BTW managed to find a copy of your suggestion "I Walked with a Zombie", now I just have to kidnap a philosophical zombie darling to watch it... you know, B&W films scare me the most, ja ja ja. Thanks man

• Romero was really ahead of his time :P

• @maxr Wild video...crazy, sad, funny, shocking, not-shocking, pathetic....people who are almost soul-less....so Zombie analogy good. My question is "where were all the great deals that got people so juiced up...the discounts seemed weak this year...at best save 25-33%....why get crazy and violent for a measly 33% off". I mean, if we were talking a Sigma 18-35 and Speedbooster for 60% off, then sure, trample your fellow man. But for God's sake...not for weak 33% discount.

• @matt_gh2

Wild video...crazy, sad, funny, shocking, not-shocking, pathetic....people who are almost soul-less

... most of all, and in perspective... scary

My question is "where were all the great deals that got people so juiced up...the discounts seemed weak this year...at best save 25-33%....why get crazy and violent for a measly 33% off". I mean, if we were talking a Sigma 18-35 and Speedbooster for 60% off, then sure, trample your fellow man. But for God's sake...not for weak 33% discount.

Normally it's said to be rude answering a question with another question, but I think that's exactly the problem, my good Matt; it is about a number, a measurable quantity, a weighted test in moral detachment...
    Prices, tags; how low to get you this soul-less low? - actually sounds "good" soul-less low

From other side I prefer to look at it as a sport / activity they play in "America" ... but is spreading, like a virus!!!!! aaagrgrgrhhhh

• @maxr Yep, some have a price...others can't be bought.

• This thread has been a little bit dead, time to REANIMATE!!!

This Kickstarter project where they achieved 24 times the proposed pledge, shows that zombie can be a profitable business too :P

The Map of Zombies.jpg
    1728 x 2592 - 2M
  • @maxr Yeah - Zombies have been commercially hot for a while now. I'm not big Zombie guy...but its definitely good fun. A few scenes of Night of Living Dead were shot a few blocks from where I grew up. That was back when there was farmland in town, but housing boom "development" killed a lot of that.

• @matt_gh2 don't worry, zombipocalipse is at the turn of the corner :P
    When back in hometown, take a couple pics to show the place, pleeeasse. Meanwhile I'll leave some great intro titles, never Metallica did sound so good to me ,-) • Saludos primo Mateo, je je

• @Maxr They've built houses on the land, but I believe the adjoining land isn't built on has similar look so will snap shots. The field has a slight grade to it and I believe it was used for the scenes where there's a sloped field in the film. Used to look great with faded green and tan grass, slope, and old white wooden fences next to one lane road. They picked a nice location for those scenes.

• Some Z-flicks / some spoilers!! - just my opinion, ok?

Fido - Watchable, overrated, MHO

Wasting away - At times hilarious, great ideas, and sinful by falling at times... in the cliché zone, where there's no so much humour. Despite those "flaws" and some dead pace zones, totally worth it

The Dead - Fantastisch!!! In best old style =)

Versus - Kitamura cult. A absolute must evil/good samu style action packaged juice

The Returned - Big prod and accompanying visuals, moral engaging under semi-controlled apoc. Enjoyable

Dead Weight - Interesting story around prot, almost zero zombies moral dilemmas resolve by brute force, a bit flat. Enjoyable

Afflicted - Solid exploration (through characters POV) on a possible how you became an undead. Recommended

The Battery - Small prod very very uneven. They've got a lovely volvo which is indeed the protagonist, some really great ideas, like this guy jerking off looking at a Z-chick titties being rub against car window.
    Unfortunatelly I didn't manage to get along with the acting (at times really bad), pace or resolution. A pity 'cause it really had good ingredients. Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil would be a great guide, very very funny

Miss Zombie - Masterpiece! The Harakiri of zombies, je je. Personally, only in Japanesse movie making I've been able to find this odd mix of tech finesse (beautiful windows), pace, storytelling, care for details, poetry and strong message. Blue Ray quality is a must for watching this one ,-)

Many others are not even worth mention and there's one un-polished gem I'd like to rewatch before spreading disease :P

And a real nice idea of a project mixing the spanish "golden age" classic picaresque novel Lazarillo de Tormes theme with apocalyptic doom boom... never got realised, yet

• The Left Fears Zombies Because They're Mindless Consumers

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_19402_6-mind-blowing-ways-zombies-vampires-explain-america_p2.html#ixzz383T9YwnD

Two new TV series have zombie/vampire hybrids: Helix and Guillermo del Toro's The Strain:

• Hej @jleo that was a fun spec reading ,-)

Consider that the core of Christianity is based upon the story of a man who rose from the dead and started converting people. Zombies represent the typical irreligious critique of the religious -- they suppress critical thinking, and they're viciously evangelical. They come to your door, and suddenly you're a drooling religioid.
    What were Jesus' words at the Last Supper? "Eat my flesh, and drink my blood" (John 6:51-56).

I too sometimes joke about christianity foundation on cannibalism, je je.
    But I'm more inclined for the, work in progress, zombie apocalypse by network profiling/brainwashing/matching :P

Nice heads up on the series +)

• After enormous dissapointment of The Dead 2: India, mostly 'cause awful acting - and I like amateur but not the insecure kind which throws you out of the story's character - next in watchlist is... (circus snare please)

Brett Mullen's $500 grand BOMBSHELL BLODDBATH, what an awesome conceptual family movie title, ha ha ha.

I had to came here again and share this corrosive doubt that steals my precious peace of mind.
    Is it my fast decaying eyes or the guy on the first picture background is weirdly pregnant?

Source:
    http://horrornews.net/82481/review-bombshell-bloodbath-2014/

• "Z Nation."

The series is from The Asylum -- the producers who brought the world "Sharknado" -- but don't sneer at "Z Nation." It's nothing like the campy oceanic creature sci-fi phenomenon; though don't get me wrong, it's no "Walking Dead" either.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/denette-wilford/z-nation-review-syfy-space-zombies_b_5810492.html

Zombiehagen

Zombie Short from Denmark, directed by Jonas Ussing

http://jussing.dk/

• @jleo ZOMBIEHAGEN looking good, ha ha ahahhgrggg - if I ever do a Z-flick, it would be called something something zombieheim and it would have to have lots of nudity and Z_sex, naughty priests or nuns somewhere, bass line soundtrack at best old styl, 80's synth and some rockabilly punk also (probably russian band), obnoxious low pitch Z-babies which at certain point would explode as pumpkins, very stupid dialogs bordering nonsense, some ridiculous music and funny intermission (monty python style), some asshole saying "I think therefore I exist" getting fuck-up really hard =beheaded then "braaainnnnsshhhjj" zombie line, agh very important also, a zombie lawyer that every other zombie hates and pushes aside, je je

Talking about series there also this online prequel Dead Within which I haven't seen yet but they made and just released a full length feature... I'll report back when (if) checked out

"reasons" 2 eat brainshhh

Actual location of Night of the living Dead                                    photo by @matt_gh2, my edit ,-) image