Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Dog Schidt Lenses
  • 119 Replies sorted by
  • @BurnetRhoades And I'm the troll. Congratulations on succumbing to groupthink. I bet you feel good about yourself.

• How is this thread even still open at this point?

• @vicharris Good question.

@Vitaliy_Kiselev Can you close this thread?

• There's a simpler solution here.

• @BurnetRhoades +1

Until this guy puts a cheap color filter over his Helios and uploads something which I can't distinguish from the DS footage that's already up, I'm done with this conversation.

• I think VK is just enjoying it too much, I know I am :)

• @BurnetRhoades Yeah, ok Sean Cunningham who didn't create Friday the 13th

burnet rhoades.PNG
    741 x 117 - 18K
  • @BurnetRhoades I heard you like Lorde.

lorde.PNG
    733 x 98 - 17K
  • @3Kids So... you don't have degrees? Hold yourself to the same standards that you are applying to me. You are intentionally baiting me, how do you expect me to respond?

If you guys are such "professionals," why don't you lead by example. You're too stuck up to admit that you don't know everything. But I guess that's just the way life is, right? If it takes someone like me to tell you that you can put a filter on a lens and you can't accept that, where does that leave you and your professionalism?

• Not nice.

• @photoman your detective skills are astounding. You really should pursue a change in career.

• At this risk of posting something relevant...

http://vimeo.com/album/2271288/video/60521495

• @photoman

Do you have an online portfolio of your work? A youtube channel or vimeo?

• @jpbturbo, hmmm, most of the time if you just paste the link but remove the "s" in "https" it should play inline.

• @photoman Well done Watson. Cause who doesn't have the need to show off to a 20yr old kid.

"If it takes someone like me to tell you that you can put a filter on a lens and you can't accept that, where does that leave you and your professionalism?"

Shouldn't you be concerned/ confused about that? :-)

• @BurnetRhoades

Yeah, not sure why it's not displaying inline.

• @jpbturbo Yeah, I do. I'm not going to share it at this point because I can never hope to ever match the greatness and omnipotence of Mr. Sean Cunningham.

This is a snippet from the Vimeo description: "The best indication of the difference between the standard Helios 44 and the Flare Factory 58 is at the point where the camera catches the light behind the models back. "

It's a silhouette. You're going to get flare even if you use a nikkor under those same conditions.

@3kids At what point did I say I was 20 years old? You have no idea how old I am.

And if you are going to brag about degrees, you should show them to me. Otherwise I have no reason to believe you.

• And @BurnetRhoades you should be more careful with what you say. I saw that you edited your post.

It's just such a classic, I feel the need to repost it.

rhoads racist.PNG
    874 x 152 - 13K
  • @photoman I edited it because it wasn't necessary. I felt like I was abusing someone handicapped and a little sorry for you. But I don't now. Well, no, that's not true. I do still feel sorry for you. It just won't influence any future response to your aggressive ignorance.

• @BurnetRhoades You're lecturing me about aggressive ignorance after you flung racial slurs?

• @photoman, that wasn't a racial slur, he said black ball.

• @jpbturbo Whatever. If he's so apologetic why does he continue with further insults?

burnet rhoades handicapped.PNG
    948 x 118 - 13K
  • @photoman

Your reading comprehension is again failing you.

On the vimeo page they go on to describe the difference in the color of the flare that is present while the overall lens does not have as strong a color cast as would be expected due to the intensity of the flare.

• @photoman no really, you read it again.

Unless you were implying that using two words in Spanish was racist?