Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Transcend Class 10 SDHC Media Recall
  • Transcend has issued a recall for defective Class 10 SDHC cards. Here is the email that is being sent out.

----------

We have recently learned that Transcend Information is voluntarily recalling the Transcend 16 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card TS16GSDHC10E.
    Items impacted by this recall were sold between July 28 and August 15, 2011. Due to a manufacture process issue, the item subjected to this recall might cause read/write blocking if the file size is over 4GB and the information on the card may not transfer.

The SDHC cards impacted have a serial number between 446136 0001 to 446136 9999 and 446121 0001 to 446121 9999. In order to identify the serial number of your card, please refer to the number in green on the right side of the back of the card.

If your product is affected, you should contact the manufacturer, Transcend Information, for a replacement. If you would like to apply for an online return request, please follow the instruction at the following link to complete the replacement process: http://www.transcendusa.com/support/rma_en/

If you need additional info about this recall or further assistance, please contact Transcend Information’s customer service via email at techsupport@transcendusa.com or by phone at (714) 921-2000.

If you purchased this item as a gift for someone, please notify the recipient immediately and provide them with the information in the above bulletin concerning these issues.
  • 6 Replies sorted by
  • Just an FYI, my serial number does not fall into this range and I can't span files (with cbrandin's 66Mbps AQ2).
  • >my serial number does not fall into this range and I can't span files (with cbrandin's 66Mbps AQ2).

It is ok.
    No one can span files for >32Mb bitrates.
  • Strange, mine has no serial # on it. BH purchase.
  • @brianluce

I probably does. Some of the numbers are pretty dark on mine - I had to use a magnifier and light it at an angle to be able to see it.
  • my transcend 16gb is not among these. but it does rattle if you shake it. is this normal?
  • This confirms my thoughts on the quality of Transcend cards; I do not trust them, let alone with my unbacked-up source footage.