Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Panasonic G3 official topic
  • 59 Replies sorted by
  • Arrrrggggg... the small battery. It dies like premature stuff...
  • >Seriously... how many of us getting GH1 or GH2 because of small size? I'm not.
    I also wish the GH2 were bigger. even with same features. it's just feels so f#$@ing small. I'm dying for someone to realease GH2 battery grip to get a bit bigger and heavier and get descent life. I mean, I'm buying the samyang 35mm which is huge and I dig it! that's a real lens, not like 14mm:) I hope pana does not keep shrinking all their cameras damn it! look at pentax!
  • Another news. Lumix 25.4 is approved by Leica. $1000 a piece? I wish that was 35mm lens instead of 25mm. But wait... isn't Canon EF 50.8 around $100?

I have no plan to buy expensive m43 lenses... until the cloud clears. Maybe 14-140 if used price drops more. Hate using ETC on 14-42 just to get 110mm.
  • One interestinc citing from Panasonic managers:
    "Everyone will recommend a Canon or Nikon, just as with travel zoom everyone will recommend a Panasonic TZ because it's strongly established. It's recommendations that are driving the sales of DSLRs the same way they are with the TZ. "

I'll add my two cents - I do not recommend current TZ line if you need best value for your money.
    Buy Samsung or something else.
  • >No freaking idea why Panasonic trying to copy S&S...

I'll give you that idea. One word. Money.
  • Well... that makes GH series relatively more masculine... sorta. Definitely I'm not getting G series for photo. There are better alternatives. Hopefully they don't kill buttons on GH3.

Seriously... how many of us getting GH1 or GH2 because of small size? I'm not. GH body + adapter + lens is not compact. I don't mind getting bigger GH3 for more and better features such as built-in ND filters and 3.5mm input jack. Yeah bigass battery... PLEASE!!!

Sony... really who cares. Their NEX lens lineup is a joke. Samsung has a clear roadmap for future lenses. They have the best lenses in mirrorless realm. But their bodies not so good. No freaking idea why Panasonic trying to copy S&S...
  • More M4/3 is a good thing.

Isn't it?
  • Panasonic is just very afraid of S&S (Sony and Samsung).
    They try to copy some parts and approached of their cameras :-)
    And all this having big advantage in internal construction, space available to improve handling (with same size body), etc.
  • lol, my thoughts exactly