Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Was my GH2 PCB broken by hacking?
  • Ok, If you've followed my previous posts you'll know what this is about. http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/6720/gh2-cant-playback-after-being-returned-to-stock-firmware#Item_1

After trying everything I could, I still could not get the camera to play back. I sent it in to Panasonic Service Center as it was still under warranty. They repaired it by replacing the PCB free of charge.

So, was this a side effect of hacking? I did accidentally let the battery run out whilst recording, so maybe it could be that?

Please, no fanboy comments as I am not criticizing the GH2, the hack, or patch. I actually like this camera and am trying to get to the bottom of this so it doesn't happen again.

Thanks!

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • So, was this a side effect of hacking? I did accidentally let the battery run out whilst recording, so maybe it could be that?

Nope.

Please, no fanboy comments as I am not criticizing the GH2, the hack, or patch. I actually like this camera and am trying to get to the bottom of this so it doesn't happen again

Thing is some cameras fail, few percents. World is not perfect.