Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Aputure AL-160 LED Light

Features:
    Special LED bulb layout design, small LED light beads scatter around, and big ones concentrate on centre.
    16:9 widescreen design & thin borders, light range is wider.
    With 4 extensing slots on the 4 sides, you can combine the lights together to achieve some effects.
    Brightness can be adjusted to your liking.
    Automatic IT circuit control.
    Stable color temperature & brightness.
    It can be easily connected to cameras by hot shoe.
    Multiple battery options (6*AA or Lithium).
    Battery power indicator.

Specifications:
    Color: Black
    LED quantity: 160pcs
    Total power: < 10W
    Voltage: 5.5-9V
    Color temperature: 5600K
    Brightness control: Colour filters
    Battery: 6 * AA batteries (not included) or NP-F550, NP-FM55H, NP-FH60 battery (not included)
    Item size: 15 * 9.7 * 5cm
    Total weight: 358g
    Package size: 18 * 16.5 * 6.5cm
    Package weight: 553g

Price: see our deals

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/717/special-deals-led-lighting-and-lcd-1280x720-camera-monitor
    aputure1.jpg
    590 x 509 - 33K
    aputure2.jpg
    547 x 508 - 54K
    aputure4.jpg
    593 x 501 - 49K
    aputure5.jpg
    588 x 505 - 42K
  • 6 Replies sorted by
  • GREAT light. got it on deals.
    bright enough for Videojournalism, and looks boss ;)
  • Got this light.
    Very usable if you need not very powerful light.
    And you could add minus green gel.
    Big plus is what center area LEDs are only 35 degrees and other 65 degrees.
    Plastic is quite thick. Light is working from Sony Li-Ion batteries OK. Indicator and dimmer work as expected.

For thi range you couldn't find real competition to this lights.
  • I can't compare to the z96, but I just received one of these and I'm quite happy with it. Very even throw - no spot pattern at all really. doesn't really dim all the way down - but the range is still quite good and dimmer is very even - no spikes. looks like it's got a bit of a greenish cast - have ordered some 1/8th minus green gel to experiment with. the hotshoe mount is pretty average to poor - very hard to tighten onto the hotshoe and fiddly to adjust. it comes with a small stand, which has been handy already. it's good enough thatm I'm wishing I'd ordered two. hope to post some demos one i get the minus green gel.
  • i assume this is better than z96?
  • have you used one?