Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • @raf702 The 32 GB cards don't span. Pick up the 64 GB Extreme version, and you'll be fine.

• The Mitra Babak Show. Sorry its in Farsi, but was all filmed with a GH2 Moon T7

• Here is some MMM on 1080i and some HBR slowed down using Moon T7

• Hi guys any kind or any patch to increase color latitude (or at least decrease contrast) on GH2? Thanks!!!

• SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE VIDEO TEST 4K!

• @andy68: The newest target: Galaxy Note Patch for GH2, hehe.

Joke or not, the look Galaxy Note gives is much more cinematic and authentic look than GH2 ever. Not because of 4k, of course...

• I love the 'video look' that Samsung have managed to achieve with this phone. Looks nothing like the horrible 'pretend' cinema look my GH2 produces with Moon T7. lol

• @paulo. Nope, thats the biggest issue with the GH2 IMO - color and contrast is far too 'baked in' out-of-camera

A Tiffen low contrast 3 filter works wonders for AVCHD (and the GH2 in particular): not only does it reduce contrast, it does this by lifting the blacks so you are far less likely to see macro blocking. For the GH2, it can also remove some of the bad effects of over-sharpness and roll-off the highlights (to give you a more analog feel). Have a look at http://howgreenisyourgarden.wordpress.com/2013/12/18/dslr-video-lens-filters-for-video/ Scroll down to the section 'Low Contrast filter' as the first bit talks about variable ND filters, which I assume everyone here knows about :)

The example video is LX7 AVCHD, 28Mbit/s, so the main reason to use a Low contrast filter for that camera is avoiding macro blocking (because of the reduced bandwidth). For the GH2 its more about getting your out-of-camera footage flatter by lifting the blacks, rolling off the highs and reducing the digital sharpness a bit.

I generally shoot DSLR video with both a variable ND and LC3 on the lens.

HTH

• Another Moms clip.. Had a few card errors (I still have the 45MB/s Sandisk cards) in SH mode with the Panny 45-200 zooming in and recording. Other than that, smooth as ever.

• @shamb I have the same Tiffen filter and I've noticed that it gets a lot softer the more the light hits the lens, and with the aliasing that I've gotten with the GH2 lately, softening is god send oddly enough!

• @gardener. Yes, I believe the filter is essentially diffusing the ambient (thus averaging it) and using it to pull up the frame uniformly... so the more light you have hitting the filter, the greater the effect. You've got to shield the filter to control the effect sometimes, as a bright sun whose angle is changing as you shoot causes more problems than it solves :)

• @shamb Yea so I guess no steadicam shots unless you're going for that effect that Tiffen gives you! lol But after putting it off for the longest, I'll probably be getting a matte box sooner or later.

• SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3 WITH LENS 12X !"!

• Seriously, wtf?

• Best to let VK know via PM, Andy68, AndyVia etc has been banned many times but keeps appearing under new username and posting off topic.

• @powderbanks I LOVE future islands. They put on an incredible performance live.

Nice video there!

• Hey Guys Check out my new video that I shot with my GH2 moon t7. Thanks @driftwood :) Pretty Happy with the results.

Used mainly 14-140 and glide cam 2000.

Let me know what you think.

Used Magic Bullet looks and Film convert to colour correct and also did some tweaking in PP.

• shot with my GH2 moon t7

• shot with my GH2 cluster x

• shot with my GH2 boom

• What do you guys think? I was playing around with a grade and I tried to replicate this scene from Game Of Thrones. The hack was intravenous.

Example.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 282K

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters