Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • i don't see the option like 24, 25, 60p. what Im doing wrong? ( silly me).

• hi guys. I just give me new gh2 a moon T7 to eat and I'm going to make some good comparison between gh2 vs gh3. What I should turn inside gh2? a HBR to have the best results? And I dont see the slow motion here. its maybe at variable movie mode? Thx @driftwood for you work !

• moon T7 dance test :)

• @andy68 Very good! I like your video a lot!

• My gh2 sedna + anamorphic sankor 16d

• @andy68, I really enjoyed that show despite me not knowing the language! :-D

Can you say which shots were made with the 14-140 lens? And is it the older version (f4-5.8?), or is it the new f3.5-5.6?

Is the rest shot on the Panasonic 20mm f1.7?

• @maddog15, while I understand your point completely, it does seem to me that higher quality video withstands the abuse of the YouTube compression better than lower quality video, and Moon T7 has been really nice in that regard for my totally amateur stuff. Having said that, the GH3 footage I have seen on YouTube has been super nice too.... I'm going to try some Moon T5 next to see if I like the extra sharpness. Maybe then I will see the full magnitude of what you are saying.

• @rezyserzycia You can't really "compare" anything like this on YouTube. Remember that no matter what camera you've shot with, YouTube compresses the crap out it when uploaded. So you're not really "seeing" a true comparison. Make your calls with side by side footage tests on your personal computer.

• @maddog15 I was watchnig a few battles on youtube gh2 vs gh3 and difference is really not big but the price is. Its my first shot with gh2 (without hack)in metro station with this little, funny lens 14-42 and this looks really ok for me. Just cant wait to hack it and make a good comparision. Im reading here about T7, looks nice, especially this video with last ninja on earth :)

gh2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 614K
  • @rezyserzycia IMHO: Pretty much any GH2 hack will run the GH3 off the road at 24p. I have both. GH2 hacked with moon T5. For the most part I now use the GH2 as A-cam and GH3 as B-cam. In a nutshell the GH3 was a good "try" by Panasonic. But with no signs of a GH3 hack... 50Mbs...is just 50Mbs. After 8 months of shooting with both I find the GH3's broadcast abilities...acceptable....but not incredible. Without blinking I'll sell my GH3 and get the GH4 - provided all it's "hipe" holds up. 100Mps IPB and 200Mbs All-I is very promising. At least on paper.

-Sorry to the group for going off topic. But I think this alone is a testiment to the power of Drifwoods Clustet X series of patches.

• hi guys! I got the gh3 for couple of months and today I bought with good price gh2. It's without hack. Wanna make a good comparison between this cameras, what hack is the best to make a good fight gh2 vs gh3? thx for answer!

• @andy68 Thats huge! I like exposure, composition and cropping. I watched it with pleasure. Great job!

• @jonsimo I really really enjoyed that. Fantastic job sir.

• gh2 -14-140 20mm nebula

• I really like Moon T7 but there's really just no going wrong with Driftwood's patches, any of them. You see great looking Slipstream and Intravenus II continue to be posted. They're like having different film stocks.

One thing I haven't done that I'm going to have to try sometime is see if I like any of the patches more or less better than any other when shooting anamorphic.

Again, great film man. It was interesting seeing a lot of the same faces in your really cool slow-mo in reverse piece as well. Brilliant stuff there, content wise, to go along with the imagery.

• @BurnetRhoades what's your current top setting? I'm waiting patiently for moon t8.

• @jonsimo

I think the point would have been better made if the driver's life with the woman didn't devolve into suicide, but instead turned out not to exist at all because he actually did hit her.

The current version is more than a bit...mysogonistic.

• @jonsimo good looking stuff. Good film too.

I think Slipstream hasn't gotten enough love from folks who, for various reasons, aren't shooting All-I. I can't say I was ever disappointed with shooting Flowmotion but the first time I looked at the results coming from Slipstream I determined it was what I was going to shoot if I wasn't shooting All-Intra.

• I shot this short comedy/drama skit about Texting and Driving use Slipstream #3 hack on the GH2 with Zeiss ZE prime lenses and mostly natural light, bounce boards and practical lighting fixtures. Graded using Colorista and FilmConvert

• @RKM nice ducks :) Yes I think Drewnet with a bitrate lower than Moon is the best setting for you, specially since you are waiting-and-recording to catch a right moment. Wouldn't be better to upload those films on vimeo even in 720p rather than on youtube? You could also use dropbox or wetransfer to share original quality.

• Moon T7 720p 60 w/ Olympus 75mm & Panasonic 12-35mm

• @rezyserzycia @caveport :thanks!!! It was shot mostly with Pentax 43mm, Samyang 85mm, helios 44-3, Tair 11A. For the animals at the zoo, I use only the C-mount Sony TV zoom lens 12,5-75 mm lense in ETC Mode. Snails shots & seaside shots (at the end) were done with stock Panny 14-42mm.

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters