Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Do I have to format scandisk 64gb 95mb on my gh2 with LPowell hack?
  • Hey guys, I'm a newbie here and for a while I've been trying to search if you have to format the 64gb 95mb scandisk once its inside the gh2 camera. I bought my camera used with the LPowell hack (seller said it has the100 mbs) and I MUST have this type of scandisk- so I just got it now.

My question is....and please excuse me for I am new to this all- once I put the scandisk into the camera, is there anything I have to do? Do I have to format it? Are there any settings I must do first before I can record?

Any input is appreciated--I feel I cant start until I know what to do first. Thank you guys.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • you don't have to but it's highly recommended to format the card as soon you have a safe and checked double backup of the card on your computer.

• Oh so you don't have to format it? How come its recommended then?

How do I "format" it?

Many thanks peaceonearth for your reply.

• Menu, tools, format, yes!

• If an SD card's memory becomes fragmented, its worst-case write speed can deteriorate enough to cause random recording failures with high-bitrate patches. To guard against this pitfall, I recommend using your GH2 to reformat your SD card before using it on any crucial shoot.