Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Meetup: Paris, Personal-View meeting
  • Salut! Nous sommes le groupe de Paris... je m'excuse parce que je ne parle pas encore le français assez bien, mais je m'interesse organiser une réunion pour ce projet de Vitaliy, comme dit lui: 'to just meet good interesting people in offline reality :-)' Alors, je pose les questions clés: où et quand?

• 35 Replies sorted by
  • Bon, vachement je ne sais pas si je fais l'étiqueter correctement, alors ici je mette @baze @hpefr1111

• @Branson

It is english speaking forum.

• hi im french and from paris area as well

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev my apologies! I will write only in English on the forums. Are there any guidelines on what to discuss in the local meetings, like an agenda or memo? Or can we decide what the topics will be and report back to everyone? @hpefr1111 Hi, I'm from the US but am in Paris for awhile, so I was hoping to get a group of hacked GH2 users together. Looking forward to connecting...

• Hi, I'm from the US but am in Paris for awhile, so I was hoping to get a group of hacked GH2 users together

It is members meeting, not meeting of hacked GH2 owners :-) remember this.

As for agenda or memo, we dont have any it is up to you.

• If all goes according to plan, I'll be in Paris for the month of July. Would be cool to make it to this if it happens then!

• Ah sorry again @Vitaliy_Kiselev, yes of course all Personal-View members are invited! And the topic list will be open to all relevant subjects. Welcome to our Paris mini-group @Oedipax. Would it be fair to suggest a meeting point near the city centre, like in the 5ème or 6ème?

• It's been a while since I visited the hexagon. How is communication from Charles de Gaulle nowadays?

• Hi, I live in Paris and should be happy to meet other members.

• Not sure I'll be there in that period (living in Paris, but moving alot lately) but that could be fun. @oscillian you can take RER B (train ~every 5min) that will bring you in central paris, Chatelet, in 25min approx. there's also cab, bus, etc. of course.

• Welcome @oscillian and @astraban. The meeting point can be wherever is most convenient for those attending. Maybe if we set a date, then figure out who is coming, we can better coordinate location based on the attendees? That said, is anyone available next week, the evenings of 12 or 13 June?

• I am available on 13, but not on 12. I live in the 18th arrondissement and can go easily anywhere in Paris.

• I'm not free until late July (dommage) :(

• Because of the air traffic controller strike, my flight into Paris has been postponed till next week. I would be available on June 18th and/or 19th.

• I would be available on 18th after 8pm, on 19th earlier.

• @omellan sorry for the late reply, I have to leave Paris tonight for a few weeks but will be back in late July. That seems to be a good time for some of the other guys in this thread, too. If someone suggests a date, I'm sure we can plan for it @baze @hpefr1111 @astraban @Oedipax @oscillian

• I'm hoping to be there around the 5th of July up through the first week or so of August, but I've got 28 videos for work to crank out between now and then, so we'll see!

• Final plans made, I'll be there July 10 through the end of the month. Will keep an eye on this thread!

• Hey guys, my CF card reader broke so I need another one. I'm looking at camera shops in Paris, but can someone recommend one? Also it'd be nice if I could pay less than 40 euros for a USB reader, which is what I'm seeing online so far...

• @Oedipax You can get a CF card reader at a major retailer like fnac (several locations in Paris). For example, here's one under €40: http://www.fnac.com/Lexar-Lecteur-Professional-USB-3-Double-Slot-SD-CF/a3488729/w-4 Camera shops will probably be more expensive for items like this. I'll be back in Paris from 26-29 July. Who's around and up for a rendez-vous? @omellan @baze @hpefr1111 @astraban @Oedipax @oscillian

• Thanks @Branson. And I'm here til August 2, so any time between the two for me!

• @Branson

Let me know if someone is interested in organizing winter meetup.

• I'd be happy to organize a meeting. Anyone want to meet in Paris the weekend of 27-29 December? I'm thinking somewhere in the Quartier Latin... @baze @hpefr1111 @astraban @Oedipax @oscillian

• Thanks.

Make more specific date and time, and I'll inform people.

• Wish I could be there. Hopefully I'll get some time to be in Paris again next year. Or if anyone has any advice to help an American move there, I'm all ears ;)