Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Meetup: Los Angeles Area
  • 231 Replies sorted by
  • So we're a couple days out and it still looks like it's 6-9-2. Hopefully alot of those 9s will end up coming. I know you're not @5thwall, next time! I've double checked Big Wangs and were still good and I still told them to expect up to 15 so hopefully we'll get close to that since they are being so cool. The meeting time is 1PM but I'll be there at 1230 or so make sure we have a good space, outside if it's nice and not crazy hot. Not sure if there's a heavy demand to bring gear but I'm still down for bringing my Noktor and Rokinon Cine lenses. If people want to try stuff out, bring your camera and a memory card so you can get some footage to go home and peruse.

• Ok, here's the poll one more time for me to get a final head count. If you've already voted yes, no need to vote again but if you were a maybe or a no and that's changed, please go vote again so I can give Big Wangs a heads up. Thanks ya'll.

http://www.esurveyspro.com/App/Polls/DirectPoll.aspx?id=22904

• I would like to see the Speed boosters work...

I am looking for someone to help me with firmware upgrades... it would be nice to hand you a blank 95 Mbs disk and have someone transfer it for me... looking for the 44 mbs the 50 Mbs and the driftwood hack... Now is all of this stuff AVCHD codecs or are we going to .mov files as well with the GH2s... I have so many questions about the GH2 firmware upgrades... presentations would be nice...

I am really looking forward to meeting you all...

Kindest and sincerest warm regards,

Lisa J. Kassner

• If anyone brings a MetaBones Speed Booster, I'll bring my BMCC MFT mount and we can see about that Super 35 image Phillip Bloom was talking about...

• @vicharris Add me to the 'Yes' column.

• I plan on coming... OK it is at Big Wangs... could someone make a definite Post

Place/Time/location/parking/what to bring?

Lisa J. Kassner

• Barring any unanticipated gigs that cannot be refused, or emergencies that cannot be ignored, I will be there.

• 6 yes, 9 maybe and 2 no. I'll bump the survey in a couple days. Everyone should be close enough to knowing by now.

• What's our current headcount looking for this Saturday at 1PM?

@5thWall Catch you next time! :)

• Hey guys, sorry but I'll definitely be out of town this coming weekend. Have a beer for me! Catch y'all at the next one.

• Just in case anyone isn't familiar with the area, here are Google Maps links to the things mentioned as far as the meet-up on .

This shows Big Wang's and the lot across from it.

http://goo.gl/maps/gJ1pT

And here are walking directions from the 7th Street/Metro Center Center Station on the Red Line to the restaurant.

http://goo.gl/maps/05mDa

Looking forward to seeing you guys there at 12 or 1PM. Glad that you guys are organizing this. :)

• So, when is the meet up date and time?

• Maybe we should have a recurring event at the same location every two weeks. That way everyone knows when and where to meet. If you can make it, awesome. If not, then try making the next one.

Culver City is a pretty good location with plenty of nice bars.

Just my 2cents.

• LOL, true. Guess we'll revisit the whole thing the week before. I know every time I've RSCP'd maybe, that's usually a no-go for me :)

• Dude, you should know in this biz, in this town, a maybe is a close to "yes" as you're gonna get this far out. The phone could ring tomorrow with a gig and suddenly, we're out. Every event I've been to in the last 5 years was a maybe RSVP.

• Well, so far we have 100% more maybes than confirmed. Not looking good here people.

• Have fun guys, I'll have to catch up with you next time since I'll be working.

• I'm pretty sure all that info is in the post Shian referred you too :) But yes, we'll do one more that Friday just to cross the t's and dot the i's

• Can we do a general final Post Say Thursday or Friday with final destination location and time and parking particulars plus anything else that is pertinent to our first gathering?

Cheers,

Lisa

• I want to attend a meet up where ever you folks decide to have it...

Lisa J. Kassner La Cañada CA

• @vicharris I'm shooting through the weekend in San Diego, but if I do not stay down there, I will come on out as I already live in DTLA.

• OK, since I cant seem to imbed the poll to see how many people are coming, I'll provide a like here and if you could kindly take a minute to click on it, that would be great.

http://www.esurveyspro.com/App/Polls/DirectPoll.aspx?id=22904

• @kholi You coming to this thing man?