Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Neway CT700HO, 1280x800 IPS compact monitor with good features

Main features:

• 1280x800 Resolution IPS LCD Screen
    • HDMI in & out, HDMI Loop Through
    • Very compact and sturdy design
    • Dimensions - 182mm x 126mm x 20mm
      • Check Field ( Mono / R / G / B )
    • Peaking with red outline
    • False Color with adjustable under luminance & over luminance warning
    • Clip Guides with adjustable threshold
    • Aspect Ratio ( FULL / 16:9 / 4:3 )
    • User-Defined Image Ratio ( H-Start / H-Size / V-Star / V-Size )
    • DSLR Scaling ( FULL Screen / 16:9 / 3:2 / None )
    • Movable Pixel-To-Pixel ( Left / Right / Up / Down Movable)
    • Side-By-Side Freeze Frame ( Window 1: 16:9 Mode / Windows 2: 4:3 Mode )
    • Guides ( 4:3 & 16:9 Framing Safe Area)
    • 5 User-Defined Groups
    • Under Scan
    • 5 kinds DV Battery Plate for choice:

1. NWNP-F960 ( SONY “L” Type Series ) - default now
      2. NWLP-E6 ( Canon 5D )
      3. NWD54s ( Panasonic “D54” Series )
      4. NWBP945 ( Canon “900” Series )
      5. NWEN-EL15 (Nikon D700 / D800)
    • Comes with sunshade, protective bag, small ball head and battery plate

Deal price: $325, already include shippping to US/Canada/Western Europe

Send me personal message (on the left column at http://www.personal-view.com/talks/profile/1/Vitaliy_Kiselev ) if you want to purchase monitor.

Check http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/5590/1280x800-ips-7-neway-cl76ho-x-and-cl76sdi-monitors-amazing#Item_125

For feedback on their other monitor, CT700 uses same IPS panel and has same features except inputs, buttons and tally system.

neway.jpg
    482 x 549 - 56K
    ct700_3.jpg
    793 x 346 - 43K
    ct700_2.jpg
    800 x 575 - 78K
  • 71 Replies sorted by
  • @akhenig no it doesn't. I can't find it.

• @akhenig

By idea it must, I do not remember now. Will check.

Send PM to owners above for fast response.

• Does this monitor have aspect ratio guides for 2.35:1 and 2:1?

Start at 35 seconds in to see an example of what I mean (BTW this model looks like it's pretty much the same monitor):

• I've got the GH4 and the CL700HO Neway and 4k 24Hz works absolutely fine (down sampled to 1080p auto in camera). I haven't tried it out with 25p or any other modes.

• Sorry for bumping this again, but I soon need to buy two small screens and I want to make sure they can handle 24hz from GH4. If nobody who owns this screen has a GH4 as well, could maybe someone plug to a PC and set refresh rate manually to 24hz?

• Anybody with GH4 and this screen can tell if it works with 24p output?

• Is there a power socket on this model?

Yes. Sorry, missed your post.

• Is there a power socket on this model? - I have v-mount battery system mounted on my rig so want to simply cable power to the monitor, rather than use a battery plate/camera battery.

• @jaba

I added dimensions to first post.

• Vitaliy,

Could you include the external dimensions of the monitors in your descriptions? I find that helpful, moreover taking into account the function of these monitors?

JA

• @IronFilm

It is not very different.

• Is the focus peaking more accurate, or do they both implement it equally well?

• @IronFilm

It is larger (7"), has more features, and better panel.

• How does this monitor compare vs the SEETEC 5.6" which is also listed in the deals section?

• Just received this monitor via the PV deal section here - very fast shipping. Works perfect with the BMPCC, also in direct sunlight the screen is usable. As others have mentioned, I am really surprised how good that image is, given the price.

• I have Sony NP-F550 batteries, will these work on the monitor? Also, will it work with the BMPCC?

Yep to both.

• What is not clear to me, I have Sony NP-F550 batteries, will these work on the monitor? Also, will it work with the BMPCC? I just sent back another Neway monitor, the 5" CL5585h because it does not accept the BMPCC signal, although in the description it claimed to accept 1080p. I is maybe related to the 10bit output, who knows?

• Really? I didn't think that was such a high end feature. lol

High tech shit (c)

• Really? I didn't think that was such a high end feature. lol

I'll just have to get a V mount battery pinch/plate and one of the V mount Sony NP-F adapters and call it a day.

• Dude, not even my $1000 monitor or my old $1200 Marshall had a battery indicator. You're asking for too much for too little.

• I really wish this monitor had an indicator for battery life. I hate not knowing how much juice is left on the battery while shooting. This seems like someone that should be standard. Maybe its there and I've not enabled it or something but it really is annoying. Still very happy with the monitor but I find myself swapping out batteries early to be safe which requires a lot more bats.

• After a few days of playing with the monitor I am still very impressed.

It has a few small light leaks along the bottom. Similar to those seen earlier in the thread. It doesn't bother me that much as they are in the black bar space on the bottom in 16x9 mode and don't seem to effect the image.

I have only calibrated the monitor to the GH3 LCD by eye and it seems pretty good. Really I am using this mainly for framing/focus/false colour. I have read of people loading bars as a jpg and trying to match the screens up that way but I haven't tried it yet. Would love to hear what others settings are and or how they calibrated it to the GH3.

As others have mentioned it would be great to have a few more function buttons. Having to choose just 2 can be tough but I have different user settings for tripod interview (false colour/Pixel-pixel) or run and gun (clip guides, focus peaking). I wouldn't give up the compact form of this monitor for a few more buttons on the other version of this monitor. 7" is a little large for handhold run and gun but its not too bad. Really it isn't much bigger than the 5.6" ones and when on sticks the size is amazing.

• I just received my monitor in the mail. Shipping was really quick and customs fees were reasonable. I just picked up an HDMI cable this morning so I can only comment on build and first impressions.

This monitor is really compact for a 7". I am so glad I didn't go for the 5" metal that weighs more. The screen and build quality are nice. I can't wait to hook it up and check out the image and exposure tools. How have people found is the best way to match it to GH3 LCD?

My monitor didn't come with an AC adapter. I'm not sure if its supposed to but there is an spot in the packaging for where it should have been. Also there is no HDMI cable but I didn't expect one and was too bone headed to order one in advance or swing by the store.

So far I am very impressed.

• I agree with you that bright one at bottom looks like it would interfere. The top blooms look pretty normal to me for IPS display.

thanks for posting the pictures.

• Hi @RatLabProductions

It's not major but a bit disappointing as the CT700 wasn't supposed to have leaks. Here are two shots. The large blooms somehow don't seem to affect the image to my eyes - it's only the small but fairly bright leak on the bottom that disappoints. Anyone else experience anything like this?

13884146433384.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 211K
    13884146434935.jpg
    960 x 1280 - 191K