Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Uncle is coming, what should I get
  • I'm lost. My USA uncle is coming over...and I don't know what should I "order" from him.

Give me some ideas, low weight and baggage friendly. Under $500. Photo or preferably video related, GH2 owner.

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • A G-Technology 4TB RAID hard drive.

• Great topic! :)

• @htinla interesting...I was thinking about getting drive, that Lacie Rugged was on my list, but now you got me thinking...even though I have nightmares about Raid 0, it lost me 2TB of data one time (and it was the first and so far last hard drive failure I ever had) and I'm still not over it :D

Is it switchable to Raid 1? I dont see it stated anywhere on the B&H site...

inqb8tr :D :D well I have to ask :)

• panasonic leica 25mm f1.4 :)

• Thought about it...also thought about Samyang 7.5...because I need something wider than 14

But then again, at that price, there's a 100-300 on the market also....man it sucks being po :D

• I created some time ago similar topic, didn't get any great answers.

But SoundDevices MixPre-D would save money when compared to European stores. But it's over your budget. Or you can hunt older MixPre version from eBay (they usually ship only to US address).

• Seems like a great product but currently H4n handles most of my audio needs and the price tag on the SD is :)

SLR Magic HyperPrime Cine 12mm caught my eye, all quick and wide :D

Im looking at http://hazeghi.org/lens-chart.jpg and trying to figure something out, to no avail :D

• the 12mm is a fine lens. I have seen many great videos shot with it...a lens with character but apparently also little flaws. Its still on my wishlist anyhow :)

• The Pentax K-01 with 40mm lens is a bargain right now.

• The Pentax K-01 with 40mm lens is a bargain right now.

Yep, fully support. Most undervalued camera of 2012 year.