Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Best setting for PAL 1080P25 shooting
  • 32 Replies sorted by
  • Hi Everyone. I am new to this forum so please excuse my dropping in. I'm not sure who to approach with my questions. I recently got a job on a feature film. They have given me the GH2 to shoot on. I have been reading your threads for weeks now. Basically I heard their is a 2k hack available? is this true? The film I am shooting is for a small indie cinema release, I would need to shoot PAL 25p 1080 and the edit will be done in avid. I was wondering what the best hack would be for a cinema quality film. Its low budget, so low light would be key. Is there a stable hack that can shoot slow motion @50fps 720 and 25p 1080 hbr and handle low light? with any hack would external monitoring still be available? I read up on your thread about the sanity 5.5 hack , does this only allow interlaced or could I still shoot in 25p 1080 hbs? I hope I'm not intruding but I would appreciate your input. thank you in advance.

• Hi, 2k hack is for MJPEG mode, not for AVCHD, and AVCHD has better image quality in many situations, but there is still an ongoing debate on that obviously. Let's say that vast majority of people here shoot AVCHD, that is limited to 1920x1080. For MJPEG you can enter any resolution or aspect ratio that you like.

Maybe a thing for you to consider is that 24p is superior to 25p, regardless of settings (hack) used.

25p in GH2 is actually wrapped in 50i format. It is called PsF, progressive footage split in two fields, but unlike interlaced video, in PsF both fields are from the same moment in time, and are automatically rejoined in one full progressive frame by most NLE, without loosing any resolution or introducing any motion artifacts. So you should not worry about progressive and interlaced.

If you can shoot 24p, and choose your weapon here:

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/categories/hack-top-settings

• Hi @inqb8tr Thank you so much for your explanation, You have helped me out in so many ways:) thank you I really appreciate what you have done for me. I will take your advice and Shoot 24p rather. thank you

• @mrbill Thank you. I tried FlowMotion and liked it. Have been testing Cluster X for now.

• @mastroiani - how did you find cluster x?

• @mrbill Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to evaluate the files yet. I will post my impressions here as soon as I have some info.

• Hi, Mastroiani,

After all my various trials, Nebula 444 is the best suited to what you after but it is entirely up to you to choose from many other patches. Nebula produces average 54 mb in manual movie mode and excellent qualities both in low and bright lights. Thanks to Driftwood for tremendous work.

Re