Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood ClusterX series 2:│moon│ЅріzZ│nebula│drewnet│Slipstream │Redshift
  • 1053 Replies sorted by
  • i would be happy to go with drew8 but my crappy card cant handle it :(. So if i get this right, 1b with Q10 gives better IQ then version 1?

• @dado023 Try Quantiser for 1080 modes to Q10 or 12 on the latest REDshift setting. Nothing stopping you. :-)

• Main event shot on a GH2 using Cluster X Spizz T5. You can see a few of the shots in this trailer:

• Does anyone have clue what problem appears on my video?

• @kidgray T6 candidate B and C are wildly experimental and your video test shows some of the problems when switching Frame Limits to =0 and filming hi-detail scenes. Yours and other people's results are being measured and looked at - you can dropbox link me to your original mts if you would so I can chart /analyse. In the meantime, test T6 Candidate A for recordings as this is using more T5 - like ptools patches.

Also detail which lens, ss, ISO, etc were being used.

• Hey all,

Here's a short we shot with Moon T5. http://www.poptent.net/share/asqq/3

We used the SLR Magic 25mm 0.95 and the Panny 14mm 2.5.

Awesome IQ. The only thing is that on the close up shot there is some banding.

Once again, big thanks to Driftwood!

• @kraqman Bacon!

That was great.

• Small question: does Drewnet span for sure on 64 gb 96mb/s sandisk card?

• @Bressonftw DREWnet V8 spanned fine for me - 1080p 24fps H and L with the 64GB 95Mb/s card.

• Lumix 14-42 Canon FD 50mm f1.4 Helios 44-2 Jupiter 11

• @bressonftw I have found a number of the spanned files I recorded with Drewnet T8 skip a few frames creating a slight jump cut. I only use the sandisk 64/95.

Anyone else have this issue?

Clarification: the transition between the first 4GB MTS file to the next MTS file during a spanned recording results in a jump cut. Almost as though there were 1 or 2 frames missing at the beginning of the second (spanned) MTS file.

• @driftwood Redshift 1b: Strange audio problem in that there is no sound being recorded in the first 15 frames of any clip. Thinking that it could be a camera problem I flashed back to FM202 and retested. Audio OK and starting at beginning as expected. Flashed back again to Redshift 1b and the audio problem is back. OK it's no calamity as I always expect to throw first 12 frames away but if you could find time to look at it would be appreciated. PAL 1270x720p SH smooth -1-1-1-2 standard kit lens 14-42

Edit1: Found some original redshift clips and audio is OK

Edit2: Recreated redshift1b from the zip file: PAL 1280x720p SH Audio fault repeated. Using same basic settings but changing to 1920x1080i the audio is fine. Switching back to 720p causes a delay in audio record. Checked the ptool settings both end users & testers but cannot see an obvious discrepancy.

• @driftwood Has no one else reported a similar issue? I'm reluctant to believe I'm the only one since it has occurred on multiple files. I'm more than happy to share my files for analysis...

• @callan: I am not using Redshift but I've had always seen this in all my clips as far back as the SeAQuake patch. I'm using Sedna now and the problem persists. In my case it's always 5 (or 6) frames. I always use an external microphone so I'm not sure if the external audio path adds any latency.

• NO audio problems here.

• @driftwood: Thanks for checking. Could well be a camera variance or indeed how I use the camera. If I spot a method reducing the problem I’ll report back.

@piotrj: Came to the GH2 from sony a1e whose clips always needed to be topped & tailed so the GH2 was a pleasant surprise with no noticeable latency. Thanks for checking.

• is it possible for settings to drain a battery faster than other settings?

• Hi

I have test redshift a few times and it looks good for me ( spanning is not working ) but sometimes i get "strange" gops. is this normal or this are broken gops ??

00000_Frames.PNG
    746 x 412 - 50K
  • @dieter123 What shutter was being used for PAL/NTSC?

• Hi

Iam not sure,i think 50 , PAL .

bye

• Hi

I have repeat my test with shutter speed 50,80 and 100 ( 24H redshift 1b ) i get in every test this small "broken" GOPs.It is possible to fix this ?

bye dieter

• Spur of the moment short filmed with Drewnet X trial 8

• @dieter123 Ill take a look at things.

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters