Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Kinefinity Mini S35, sub $3000 raw camera
  • 41 Replies sorted by
  • As it’s designed as a modular camera system, the KineRAW MINI will do 4K with external KineDECK recorder (release date 4th quarter 2013). Price TBA.

• Hmmm.....I think I'll get that camera. @Vitaliy maybe you should up the specs in the first post. I believe it now shoots 100 fps @720p. Also.....it not only shoots 2K...but 4K when you upgrade to their external recorder (which is future proofed for 6K capture). The bare camera costs $3,200 USD and the recorder costs the same.

If the image out of this thing sings (like I believe it will) then it has several things already OVER the upcoming BMCC4K (high frame rates for slow motion, better form factor, dual HDMI out, COST, etc.). The only issue I think some will have is no ProRes out....yet. They are constantly doing firmware upgrades to add new features (as witnessed by the announcement of higher frame rates). It's very modular (Nice).

• Upscaled 720p 100fps

Looks video(y) though.

• Yeah, doesn't look that great but who knows what they did to the footage. I prefer the BM footage over this for sure though.

• @vicharris yeah, there's this footage which is hardly impressive and a few bits and bobs from the manufacturer so it's hard to know how it performs in comparison to other cams. But I'm with you on preferring the footage out of the BMC.

In any case, it's nice to have another option.

• @mintcheerios - Why would I want HDMI? It's the vhs of connectivity aimed at households that don't want a bunch of cables.

On another note, It does look very dv-ish...

• Couple of reasons for HDMI 1) Monitoring and 2) If they would allow 1080p 4:22 capture then you can capture on a Ninja or something similar (smaller files) Right now RAW is the only option.

• Better monitors usually have SDI. Most recorders do, as well.

• There's no SDI out?

• @vicharris - not on the mini. Unless, I'm missing something. The S35 version does have 2 SDI outs along with an HDMI, it's not really clear because it says "HD Digital ports", but it doesn't have a number of HDMI ports on the spec sheet.

• Looks pretty nice. I'm not sure if it's the interior lighting or grading, but some does look video-ish.

• Ok...I take back my previous comment. I just don't like the image this camera makes. But the footage was well shot.

• Ian_T LOL