Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH1 and 14-140 kit crunches out another Classic
  • GH1 & 14-140, LPowell 75peak patch, 720 60p 1/120, ND4, shot off a jetski platform. 10mbps export/upload to Vimeo.

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • What did you use for voice recordings?

• Cheap Lav with fur windsock into a Zoom H1, sync in post. Simple, trouble free, just do a sound check with the individual before recording for mic placement and set record level to peak between -12db and -6db. Also enable wind cut on the Zoom, for voice you can cut 120hz, don't need it.

• Sounds good. Literally.

• The pre and post interview recordings are all straight out of the Zoom, no post processing, perfectly acceptable for that kind of gig.

• I'm continually impressed by the 720p of the GH line. This was a good example of what you can still do with the good ole GH1 :) I'm gonna be looking to use my GH1 in 720p for some dance videos this spring.

• Yep, you can't use 1080 for this stuff, the rolling shutter/jello kills it. Pity it was a crappy overcast day, GH1 knocks out some nice colours in good light, hard to temper those fluro shirts though.