Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 High Quality GOP3 Settings, Series 2: 'AN' Valkyrie, GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, Duke, natural :-)
  • 670 Replies sorted by
  • @omnidecay

Thanks for your feedback. :-)

95MB/s SDXC is completely different from other cards as pointed out repeatedly.

IMHO, If the high-bit-rate-ized settings is used, I think that 95MB/s SDXC is a must-have item. Although it may be able to use by chance with other cards...

BTW, did you try 24L?

• @dado023

Thanks for your questions! :-)

1) is 1280x720 original size on vimeo, it takes 162MB mp4?

It seems that an original file cannot already be downloaded since time has passed considerably since upload. However, it will be satisfactory if it is "1280x720."

2) What to do if camera freezes? just turn OFF an ON?

After turning off the power, it is necessary to remove and return a battery once.

BTW, I have noticed that it brings about the stress in which the continuation zooming with AF is severer than this Death_Screen.

what would happen if i manually decrease bitrate using PTtools for example -20mbits, i guess it should work stable then, but will it screw up video IQ?

Did you try 24L before it?

• @Mirrorkisser

" @dado023: valkyrie 444 24p is in my opinion the best 3gop setting outthere and one of the best overall. I can highly recommend it. Great characteristics and super stable :)."

after you suggested, i have hacked my GH2 with this setting, but when was recording Instantaneous Death Screen video it broke, coz of card speed issue, so i only got 3minutes and 4seconds.

This is from streamparser: File: Name: F:\PRIVATE\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM\00021.MTS

Size: 2,552,561,664 Bytes (427,296 Packets)

Stream: TS Max Speed: 152,470,600 bps

Mode: 1080/24p

Average PCR Timing Interval: 0.093 seconds 

Clip Duration: 0:03:04.10

PCR Duration: 0:03:04.20

TS Bitrate: 131,749 / 110,858,235 / 152,500,418

I am assuming my card is not fast enough, so my question is, what would happen if i manually decrease bitrate using PTtools for example -20mbits, i guess it should work stable then, but will it screw up video IQ?

• SanDisk 8gig 30mb/s 24h did not span. Recorded flawlessly though with your death chart video. I was seeing around 121,000mbps on average. Its raining today so cant go outside to get shots :-(

• Few questions regarding "Instantaneous Death Screen"

1) is 1280x720 original size on vimeo, it takes 162MB mp4?

2) What to do if camera freezes? just turn OFF an ON?

tnx :)

• @har_k

Many thanks always mate! :-)

Based on the feedback from you, I began improvement of Valkyrie instantly. Please cooperate in the test usual.

• @Mirrorkisser

Thank you for watching!

"Cinema Smooth" part is the scene which "water" is expressed. Others are "444".

I like "444" slightly now.

• @har_k very nice footage, poetry in little things, i like that :)

For which part did you use which setting and which did you like better?

• I used "bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_BETA3 & Cinema Smooth TYPE-ZERO2_BETA4" 24p mode.

Thanks for amazing quality settings and your hard work!!

*FILM MODE is NOS.(-2,0,+1,-2) and the lens is LUMIX G X VARIO 12-35mm/PZ45-175mm, NOS(-2,0,+1,-2)

*SANDISK Extreme Pro SDXC UHS-I (95MB/s) 64GB

• Thanks for the settings @bkmcwd

• @chickenpusher

Thanks mate. :-)

Do you think the 60p will be ok for this type of shooting?

Honestly, since I myself hardly use 60p, I am not detailed, but I think that it is OK as long as I looked at other users' work.

• Thanks @bkmcwd, your English is great!

I really love your settings, as you know. The reason I ask about the 720/60p is because I want to use these setting tomorrow for a shoot that will include a lot of 60p with shutter speeds from 1/120 all the way to 1/4000 for use with Twixtor.

Do you think the 60p will be ok for this type of shooting?

• @chickenpusher

is there a particular reason why 720/60p isn't a 3GOP like the 720/50p?

It is because the limit of the bit rate which can be treated is low only in 60p as already known.

I think that this is because the resource required for processing of 60fps is probably quite heavy. Since the bit rate which exceeds 70M in 50p can be used, it is set to 3GOP.

BTW, in my GOLGOP3-13 etc., 60p is set as 9GOP. This is for using the bigger I frame than Valkyries. If it will set to 6GOP, I frame size will become small and image quality will worsen.

It is because I frame size cannot become large easily in these matrices as to why it is set to GOP shorter than other settings in Valkyries.

Is it transmitted correctly in my English?

• @bkmcwd - Thanks that is the post I was looking for.

One more question, is there a particular reason why 720/60p isn't a 3GOP like the 720/50p?

• @chickenpusher

what are the main differences between 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Pure Original Cinema Smooth Matrix' ?

Chris explained this in the past. :-)

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/101633#Comment_101633

• Just in time for my shoot tomorrow. @bkmcwd without going into too much detail, what are the main differences between 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Pure Original Cinema Smooth Matrix' ?

• @dado023: valkyrie 444 24p is in my opinion the best 3gop setting outthere and one of the best overall. I can highly recommend it. Great characteristics and super stable :)

• @dado023

I understand. :-)

Especially Valkyries are the settings in which gradation was thought as important. It is remarkable especially in the modes other than 24p. Please try, supposing you like such a character.

• my head will explode between so many choices, so many settings/hacks, like a kid in a candy store cant decide which candy to devour first.

• @Azo

Thanks! :-)

That card is absolutely required when using these settings.

• NEW!

bkmcwd Valkyrie Cinema Smooth TYPE-ZERO2_BETA4 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original Cinema Smooth Matrix' and 'Modified Cinema Smooth Matrix' - setb.ini - Released 06/04/2013

This is the version which adjusted safer and better from TYPE-ZERO2_BETA3 in all the rec modes.

IMO, this BETA is most stable and most reliable in Valkyrie series now.

I think that the freezing issue at the moment of the focusing and zooming was solved nearly perfectly also in Panny lens use.

Please try it! And I am very glad if I can get feedbacks from you.

*If this is also still unstable, I will further adjust.

Special thanks to @har_k and All silent users of my settings! :-)

Of course, many thanks to @cbrandin and KING @driftwood!

• Superb-looking Pure Original Cinema Smooth matrix from cbrandin is adopted in 24p mode

• Modified Cinema Smooth matrix from my BETA Team in Japan is adopted in HBR/1080i and 720p modes

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p24 at Q18

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p30 at Q18 in 24L mode with 80% Slow-Motion Mode (No Sound)

• Upto 75M for Top Quality HBR/FSH modes

• Upto 75M for Top Quality 720/50p modes

• Upto 60M for Top Quality 720/60p modes (6GOP)

• Extremely reliable top performance in AVCHD 24H and 24L

• 80% Slow-Motion is available in 24L only

• Fully working iA and iDynamic modes if you require them (Take care only in 720/60p)

• Beautiful 3 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in 24p, 1080i and 720/50p

• Bush of Death / Death chart tested.

• Wonderful Pasadena Pulse Audio Patch V2 B2, by Per Lichtman

• Top quality 2K mjpeg Mode in HD by Nick Driftwood

• In camera playback is sometimes not available in 24p. In other mode, Sometimes available after reboot the camera.

*I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card.

bkmcwd Valkyrie Cinema Smooth TYPE-ZERO2_BETA4 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original Cinema Smooth Matrix' and 'Modified Cinema Smooth Matrix'.zip
  • NEW!

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_BETA3 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Modified 444 Matrix' - seta.ini - Released 06/04/2013

This is the version which adjusted safer and better from TYPE-ZERO2_BETA2 in all the rec modes.

IMO, this BETA is most stable and most reliable in Valkyrie series now.

I think that the freezing issue at the moment of the focusing and zooming was solved nearly perfectly also in Panny lens use.

Please try it! And I am very glad if I can get feedbacks from you.

*If this is also still unstable, I will further adjust.

Special thanks to @har_k and All silent users of my settings! :-)

Of course, many thanks to @cbrandin and KING @driftwood!

• Superb-looking Pure Original 444 matrix from cbrandin is adopted in 24p mode

• Modified 444 matrix from my BETA Team in Japan is adopted in HBR/1080i and 720p modes

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p24 at Q18

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p30 at Q18 in 24L mode with 80% Slow-Motion Mode (No Sound)

• Upto 75M for Top Quality HBR/FSH modes

• Upto 75M for Top Quality 720/50p modes

• Upto 60M for Top Quality 720/60p modes (6GOP)

• Extremely reliable top performance in AVCHD 24H and 24L

• 80% Slow-Motion is available in 24L only

• Fully working iA and iDynamic modes if you require them (Take care only in 720/60p)

• Beautiful 3 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in 24p, 1080i and 720/50p

• Bush of Death / Death chart tested.

• Wonderful Pasadena Pulse Audio Patch V2 B2, by Per Lichtman

• Top quality 2K mjpeg Mode in HD by Nick Driftwood

• In camera playback is sometimes not available in 24p. In other mode, Sometimes available after reboot the camera.

*I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card.

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_BETA3 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Modified 444 Matrix'.zip
  • The HBR30p mode looks incredible! I don't know if its just me but I can't see any discernible difference between 24p and HBR30p mode. I can't wait to get my 95MB/s cards so that I can try out your patch.

• Panny 12-35mm F: 7.1 SS: 1/100 ISO: 160 OIS: ON Nos[-2.-2.+1.-2] AWB G+5 B+5 AF

ValkyrieCS_TZ2_24p_ISO160_sakura_sp_qp.JPG
    1299 x 630 - 535K
    Valkyrie_CS_TZ2_HBR30p_ISO160_sakura_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 631 - 527K
  • looking forward to it, tnx in advance!

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters