Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH3 user reviews and opinions
  • 1089 Replies sorted by
  • @driftwood is there some addon/change respect to photokina model?

Thanks

• The high dynamic profile definitely looks VERY usable for grading to me.

Thx @ driftwood for these awesome reviews!

• Thank you very much @driftwood. Looks like some modes can be pushed better with correct white balance. Like retro mode. This footage tells alot on the dynamic range of the camera.

• A quick flick thru the scene guides and creative control modes on a cold rainy day yesterday. In-depth analysis will in the next video up.

• ETC mode on GH3 seems slightly different than the GH2. I'm reading a 2.6x on GH2, and either 2.4x, 3.6x, or 4.8x on GH3 depending on recording quality. I would like to request a test using 1/2" or 2.3" C-mount or ENG lenses if possible for those that own it. Thanks!

• There were improvements in video, let me know if there are improvements in still photography, will be close to the E-M5 in that aspect?

• Really liking the Low Light handling. Looks much cleaner. This is huge since most of my work is done with very low light and where I can't use extra lighting. Gotta figure out my lens targets now.

I can't wait to see more of what @Driftwood has in store. I'm trying to figure out how i'm going to move forward and the more info the better. Saving up now and by the time i'm ready there should be a lot more info.

• @ Driftwood "You can change ISO whilst recording" Holy grail of DSLR video right here, right now!

• Thats a great feature. Its very benificial having it on the Nex/camcorders so hoped Panasonic would do likewise.

• Terrific. You can change ISO whilst recording. :-)

Here's a box shot of the GH3A - Camera plus X Lens 12-35mm. I had to buy two GH3s of course!

A note to anyone in the UK: There will be 4 body only GH3 packs at the Brighton Panasonic store this week (from 4pm tomoz).

GH3Abox.JPG
    4608 x 3456 - 6M
  • Original opinions. Sadly, will be removed in quite short time :-)