Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Manual Lenses test on m43
  • Hope'll be usefull .

IMHO , love the Nokton at all , nikkor got strong bokeh cool colors and is sharp , Fujinon got very nice pearly bokeh but is very soft .

hope You enjoy cats ; )

• 14 Replies sorted by
  • Good stuff! Cannot wait until I get my hands on 17,5mm. Do you think it's stable enough handheld?

• @tonalt thanks .

Nokton 17.mm is a heavy lens , but easy to handle and especially easy on focusing , and thank to mechanism at the aperture ring that allows seamless transition of aperture control , you can also make some small exposure correction during the shoot ! you'll not be disappointed

• The 17.5 throw the balance off on the gh2 but it's not impossible to use. I try to avoid using it handheld if possible.

• It's funny cause I feel my GH2 is off balance when I have the stock 14-42 on it.. or maybe just it feels like it's trying to float away. Using heavier FD glass and my new 55 year old Takumar I enjoy hand held shots much more. Granted the takumar is a 200mm (small but heavy) lens so I only use it handheld for photos. But my 35mm FD which is about the same weight as the Nokton feels great.

• Fujinon 200mm f4.5 - tele EX mode

• @valpopando very helpful tests! How much different in DOF lumix 12-35 on 17mm 2.8 and Voigtlander 17.5mm on 2.8 ?

• @Valpopando Thanks for posting those. One minor issue is that in the list for the last video it should say "Panasonic 12-35mm" not "Panasonic 12/35mm" because the "/" sign is either used to specify "or" (as in two alternatives) and alternately before specifying the aperture (as in "35mm f/2.8"). If you put the "-" in, then it's clear that it's a range.

And that's the end of my pedantic quibbling over minor details for the moment. Thanks again for sharing. :)

• @valpopando the dumb ass test is more of a bad ass, sick man, sick!!!
    all good

• +1

If lovin' the dumbass is wrong, then I don't wanna be right. Nicely done @valpopando!

• Thanks a lot mate !!

Love your comments ; )

@belzeruf at f2.8 not much different , maybe the lumix12-35 got harder bokeh on the contrary the Voigtlander that is overall softer

@thepalalias that's right my friend ! but in my way the writing is more aesthetically pleasing LOL

• @valpopando Okay then - fair enough. :)

• @valpopando

F**k yeah. If there is a lens test festival somewhere, you have to send this :)